Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Everyone in Florida Ok ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85187-everyone-florida-ok.html)

rws 08-14-2004 11:43 AM

Re: Everyone in Florida Ok ?

We have heard that My in-laws are ok The roof was damaged and the pool enclosure and yard shed are gone.The neice loaded up the kids and headed to Venice just before it hit.We have not heard from My wifes sister that lived in the Trailer in Punta Gorda. Her Daughter did how ever confirm that she also left the trailer to seek shelter at someones house.

Russ Thank You once again
I have called your Cell to leave a message

cuda 08-14-2004 12:07 PM

Rags just called Hugetime. He's fine with no damage to his houses or his boat. He's headed to Ft Lauderdale because they have no power, and aren't expecting power back on until mid week.

CAP071 08-14-2004 01:20 PM

Just heard from my buddy his grandparents are Ok. They went to a shelter but their house is destroyed. from the sounds of it the roof blew off then everything inside went out with it. but they lost a few friends that did not go to the shelter

MnFastBoat 08-14-2004 02:00 PM

Iam still trying to get in touch with my brother and his family :(
They live in Bradenton. Anyone know the condition of this area?
I know him and his wife went to Sturgic, but not sure when they were returning. Kids went to Jacksonville
Their home phone still does pick up[ messages, but I do not know if its tape machine or phone company voice mail :(

offthefront 08-14-2004 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDave
Dock Holiday,

Jacksonville is fine. Storm passed south of us. Some wind and rain damage in St. Augustine but nothing to major that I have heard of. Thanks for thinking of Jax and keep thinking of the West Coast. Lot's of damage there.

we got pretty much nothing west of St Johns ..dodged another bullet ..

cuda 08-14-2004 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
I know him and his wife went to Sturgic, but not sure when they were returning. Kids went to Jacksonville
Their home phone still does pick up[ messages, but I do not know if its tape machine or phone company voice mail :(

Bradenton was largely unaffected.

Ms PatriYacht 08-14-2004 03:02 PM

Rob I am glad to hear that your family is OK, I have been thinking about them all day.
Thanks for letting us know. Glad to here Hugetime didn't loose anything either since he just moved down there.

Dirty Race Girl 08-14-2004 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat

I have friends in Bradenton who have indicated that they only got rain and some strong winds......not a whole lot of damage to that area from what I can tell.

Thank goodness it sounds as if nothing but property was lost to most folks. That in itself is a blessing.

Add me to the list of southwest FL residents willing to help out by going to find friends and family who have not been reachable during this powerful storm.

addiction 08-14-2004 06:09 PM

Storm update-

got back to our house in Sarasota. No damage. THANK GOD! Evacuated family to Orlando. STorm did heavy damage there last night. Left in AM, traffic HEAVY. No gas available for miles. I-4 jammed for hours. Everyone running out of gas and searching for bathrooms. Restaurants and stops had no gas or power. Heavy rain storms on I-4. Port Charlotte, Northport, Punta Gorda, Venice - Heavy Damage. Talked to Hugetime before and after storm. He is in Ft Lauderdale and has no power. We invited him and his girlfriend to stay with us. Devastating storm!

We never had anything like this in Philly!

suncoastpower2 08-14-2004 06:24 PM

Just Got back from Punta Gorda.Looks Like A War Zone,Houses,Business Destroyed,Incredible Destruction,My Prayers for The Families Who Have Lost Anyone to This Tragedy,I am asking That Any One In The OPBA Boat Club Who Have Water And Provisions Left From Charley Get Them Together And Get Them To Me In Sarasota And I will Get Them Down To The Shelters.Anyone Needing To Contact Someone In that Area E-Mail Me A Name An Address And We Will Try To Go By Tomorrow.