Looking for the right boat >

Looking for the right boat

Notices

Looking for the right boat

Old 08-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for the right boat

Im doing a lot of research on the boat that will fit me and my wife-to-be, but there are some quesitons I have that I cant find the answers to.
Im planning on spending around 90 grand or so. I love the donzi, it was the first power boat I got to see up close and ride next to at the lake.
I want to know if a donzi 28zx will be big enough for inlets and the ocean. I know we take the 22 foot fishing boat 20 miles out and thats fine, but we are only going 10-15mph b/c of the waves, and if they are white capping even at4 feet its a no go. I dont want that to be much of a factor. The only thing is that the donzi28 has small blocks (I really really want that big block sound, and I dont know what the small blocks sound like), and im not sure if thats big enough to take in the ocean or sleep 2. Do small blocks sound noticeably different than a big block? Im still up in the air about the donzi, I like the baja 275 or outlaw 29, fountain(since im about 1 hr from the factory) and sunsation as well. The higher end boats are too expensive for me, b/c I would like to stay in the 2000 and up, and since my wife will be with me it's got to have a decent size cabin, and winsheild or big enough windscreen to keep her hair from blowing out and whatever else is loose. all that being said. out of the 4 which boat would possibly be best for :

1) value
2) resale
3) ride performance in rough water
4) speed
5) size of cabin
6) quality
7) sound .. i know its silly but i have a preference for that deep melodic sound that those big blocks have. and do the 496 HO or 502 sound the same as the 500,525 HP. I dont know what twin small blocks sound like so if they sound the same as twin big blocks then that would be great.
8) if anyone else has something to add that I might need to know please post your response.

These are certainly newbie questions, and a lot of them.
I would rather find them out from trusted people rather than salesmen.

-chris
Old 08-16-2004, 02:44 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Looking for the right boat

Check out the 1999 28 Pantera w/ twin 502s for sale in the Classifieds.
That will sound great and crush the waves!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Registered

If you are interested, my boss has a 96 model formula 336 with twin 500 h.p. 's in it and it only has 120 hours on it. this boat is vertually brand new. It could be had for that price range and even has a BRAND new trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for the right boat-formula336oso.gif  
Old 08-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered

i would look into a 31 sonic. great cabins and great rough water ride.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Check out the 1999 28 Pantera w/ twin 502s for sale in the Classifieds.
That will sound great and crush the waves!
DO you mean this one?????

I'll second that suggestion!!!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for the right boat-pan-8-2.jpg  
Old 08-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

I know of a '99 32' Active Thunder that has just had a complet rebuild on the top end of 500 hp's. The motors run better now then when they were new. New throttle cables, belts, distributors gone thru. All major mechanicals on the boat have been gone over or are new. the trailer is a Myco tandem with Brand new brakes and bearings and tires. I have an ad in the classifieds. could be had for just under 90k. It is one of the best rough water boats in this size range you will ever find. Here is a pic.

My phone # is 608-207-8320

Todd Kjell
Attached Thumbnails Looking for the right boat-aerial.jpg   Looking for the right boat-oshkosh2002.jpg   Looking for the right boat-brontrailer.jpg  

Old 08-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I was logged in under Tracy's Id on the previous thread.....there is contact info in my profile....thanks

Todd Kjell
Old 08-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shiftgreen
Im doing a lot of research on the boat that will fit me and my wife-to-be, but there are some quesitons I have that I cant find the answers to.
Im planning on spending around 90 grand or so. I love the donzi, it was the first power boat I got to see up close and ride next to at the lake.
I want to know if a donzi 28zx will be big enough for inlets and the ocean. I know we take the 22 foot fishing boat 20 miles out and thats fine, but we are only going 10-15mph b/c of the waves, and if they are white capping even at4 feet its a no go. I dont want that to be much of a factor. The only thing is that the donzi28 has small blocks (I really really want that big block sound, and I dont know what the small blocks sound like), and im not sure if thats big enough to take in the ocean or sleep 2. Do small blocks sound noticeably different than a big block? Im still up in the air about the donzi, I like the baja 275 or outlaw 29, fountain(since im about 1 hr from the factory) and sunsation as well. The higher end boats are too expensive for me, b/c I would like to stay in the 2000 and up, and since my wife will be with me it's got to have a decent size cabin, and winsheild or big enough windscreen to keep her hair from blowing out and whatever else is loose. all that being said. out of the 4 which boat would possibly be best for :

1) value
2) resale
3) ride performance in rough water
4) speed
5) size of cabin
6) quality
7) sound .. i know its silly but i have a preference for that deep melodic sound that those big blocks have. and do the 496 HO or 502 sound the same as the 500,525 HP. I dont know what twin small blocks sound like so if they sound the same as twin big blocks then that would be great.
8) if anyone else has something to add that I might need to know please post your response.

These are certainly newbie questions, and a lot of them.

I would rather find them out from trusted people rather than salesmen.

-chris

Have fun NOT boating, because with a list like this.........your going to be looking for a very, very long time until you find that perfect boat, that fits you and your to be
Old 08-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Consintracy
I know of a '99 32' Active Thunder that has just had a complet rebuild on the top end of 500 hp's. The motors run better now then when they were new. New throttle cables, belts, distributors gone thru. All major mechanicals on the boat have been gone over or are new. the trailer is a Myco tandem with Brand new brakes and bearings and tires. I have an ad in the classifieds. could be had for just under 90k. It is one of the best rough water boats in this size range you will ever find. Here is a pic.

My phone # is 608-207-8320

Todd Kjell
If she's going to be doing a lot of boating with you then you'll love side by side bolsters like this Thunder. Makes it easy to talk and if it's a left hand throttle then she can drive and you can twist the sticks. My favorite setup, although my son has replace my wife in the right seat.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing you should do is quit worrying about how the boat is going to sound. Small blocks, big blocks, 496s, 502s (almost identical), it won't matter, they all sound good.

Focus on ride quality, build quality and cabin space. Like Too Old said, narrow your list of boats down to a few that have the above three attributes and then hone in. Read, read, read, learn, learn, learn. Boat shopping is fun so have at it

Quick Reply: Looking for the right boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.