Help Please: Formula or Baja

Notices

Help Please: Formula or Baja

Old 10-06-2004, 04:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help Please: Formula or Baja

Just buy a 32 Sunsation and get it over with!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nj353fastech
Baja / Ha ha .....kinda like a the difference between a Hyndai and Vette. Think resale!!!
Formula is a very nice boat but resale is tough when you have the factory giving 0% financing. If you want to step into a new Formula you'll be ok, but if you need to do a private sale it's tough.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Cool Re: Help Please: Formula or Baja

Originally Posted by nj353fastech
Baja / Ha ha .....kinda like a the difference between a Hyndai and Vette. Think resale!!!
You know,
This cracks me up.
I would hope the resale would be higher on a boat that costs substantially more to start with. If I get 10K more for it x years from now but it cost me 20k more to buy it then where am I making money on this?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are good boats.

I think you will find that the 33 Outlaw is more popular. I know guys looking for them right now.

With boats a foot is like a mile. There is no substitute for length or power.

What ever you buy get the longest and most powerful you can afford and you will enjoy it for a longer period time.

Good luck
Old 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinmags
We've had 3 Bajas and now we are on our third Formula and would nver go back. Formula is just an overall stronger boat.
Ive had two of each myself. I prefer the Baja over the Formula. Both are good boats but the newer Bajas are built solid. They get a bad rap as an introductory offshore boat. But Ive got to tell you that I had nothing but great workmanship and a solid hull in my 2001 29' Just my opinion but Baja would be my choice...Hands down
Old 10-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAP071
I'm not sure how well a 32 Sunsation would stack up size-wise when compared to a 33 Outlaw. As you can see in this picture, that 32 Sunsation in the foreground is dwarfed by that 29 Outlaw in the background.
Attached Thumbnails Help Please: Formula or Baja-baja_sun.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Registered

APACHE

Just kidding, my opinion, for what it's worth. I like the FORMULA over the BAJA, only because I had one and like the "SPORTBOAT" look of the FORMULA. The BAJA has more of an offshore boat look and I think the quality has improved since aquired by Brunswick Corp., same people that own SeaRay. I agree with everyone that is telling you to "go drive the boats and make up your own mind" and I'm not being disrespectful when I say this. Everyone has a different style of boating, myself, I like cruising at 60-65 mph, not 90 or 100. The APACHE does that for me in whatever I want, but YOU need to figure out HOW YOU like to boat, not someone elses opinion of which boat is better. I AM a fan of bigger is better, so if you're looking at a 292 or a 33, get the 33, it's BIGGER, END OF DISCUSSION. BTW, if I sell the 41, I'll either get a 41 "PLEASURE" or another FORMULA. And this is someone that sold a 47 APACHE for a 41 APACHE because I had MORE fun in the 41, it's ALL about what YOU enjoy! Sorry for the rambling, it's Friday night and I had a li'l rum and a li'l wine

Robert
Old 10-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CAP071

Now your talkin!!
Old 10-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Banned

Is this a trick question?
Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Registered

These kind of theads are interesting. You've got the guys with Formula's bashing BAJA and the guys with BAJAs claiming their ride is the best! Then, after all that, we are comparing brand A to brand B and some guys come in say buy brand C! Hehe!

I guess if it were me, I would figure out what my top priority is. Size, Price, Quality? If money were no object, Id go for size and quality. Inspect both boats in person and judge for yourself. Some good points can be made on a thread like this, but 9 times out of 10 these people are going to totally back whatever brand they are currently in. Dont base your decision just because some guy named BubbaOffshoreJunior on OSO says this boat sucks!

Quick Reply: Help Please: Formula or Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.