Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Lake & Loud Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85522-long-lake-loud-boats.html)

97BossHammer 08-19-2004 03:42 PM

Re: Long Lake & Loud Boats

Originally Posted by FountainCS
Hit play on all of them at the same time and it's like your at a race. It sounds awesome! Good luck.

I agree......this is music to my ears.

No matter what you do, someone is always going to complain, especially anything dealing with noise. When I was younger I blasted Van Halen out of my car as loud as she'd go, now I see people doing the same thing and I get aggrivated at it :) Do I roll down the window and tell them a thing or 2, or create a freakin website videotaping these people, no. People are different, this idiot does not like loud boats, while others, like me love the sound.

These type of people won't stop.....once the loud boats are gone it's off see what else they can put restrictions on. Just nothing better to do with their time then complain about others. If your going to complain about boats...why the heck stop there, why not cars, motorcycles, weed eaters, blowers, planes, etc. Why just limit and single out boats. Freaking idiots man :mad: get a dang life :mad:

magnum27 08-19-2004 03:45 PM

He just needs his A** Kicked, that's all. Or what my dad used to call it "An attitude adjustment".

JnT 08-19-2004 03:45 PM

You guys should repower with turbines. Wonder what they would say about the flames?

97BossHammer 08-19-2004 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by hawk40
I'm worried about who he might hit while driving his boat and video taping as in the second to last clip. Seems to me he is far more dangerous than a "LOUD" boat.

Yeah exactly...guy is out to make nothing but trouble just to video tape a boat. Just think if you had as much time as this guy does to just do nothing but grab the camera and follow loud boats around, and raise a family of fellow "LBP's" (loud boat police) in the process. :mad: man what a moron.

thisistank 08-19-2004 03:48 PM

Hey Kurt, your boat sounds bad a**!!! :drink:

Has anyone confronted this guy for filming them?

The snow mobile thing sounds good too. Someone should film him leaving his house on his snow mobile and send him a copy of the tape. So if this dip sh!t ever has any court time w/anyone it'll totally discredit him. Just a thought.

People and there own agenda :rolleyes: I don't normally wish harm on people, but a guy like this needs to fall off a cliff!

magnum27 08-19-2004 04:01 PM

Pull the drain plug out of his POS boat!!!!!!! Then film it when it goes down.

thisistank 08-19-2004 04:32 PM

This pissed me off so bad that I wrote them a little letter to illistrate my distaste for them. Here's a copy. I would urge everyone on this board to write them and explain how you feel. People like this need to be stopped before it hurts the performance boat community.

Here's their email address [email protected]

Copy:

Hello, I'm writing in concern to your alarming and radical behavior. I feel your attempt to gain control of the waterways of a public lake are extremely transparent and are obviously used to satisfy your own personal agenda. Your attempts to restrict noise on performance boats "for safety reasons" are pathetic. Claiming a loud boat is unsafe absolutely absurd and laughable.

However, Having someone attempt to restrict your god given right to enjoy your time and money can, in your own words, cause High levels of stress, increase in blood pressure, and Loss of Sleep among many other Health issues.

While you were on your witch hunt to find loud boats that disturb your so-called peace, you failed to realize that the very boat you are using while filming these videos cause more “real” danger to the environment through exhaust and un-used fuel spill than any thru-hull style exhaust system can ever cause.

I see you have an American flag waving on your web site. That flag was created and fought for so Americans can obtain freedom. This makes my stomach turn at the thought of someone representing the nations flag on a web site would want to deliberately restrict someone’s freedom. You should be ashamed of yourself!

You should quit this ludicrous attempt to have certain types of boats banned from your local lakes and find another cause that will make you sleep better at night. I suggest you fight to find a cure for cancer, hunger, diabetes, or any other topic that will truly improve life for everyone, not just yourself.

I have left you my e-mail address. If you would like to contact me and discuss this further. Please feel free.

Regards,

Tank Sears

Biggus 08-19-2004 07:59 PM

Tank,

That was beautiful. I really appreciate your input. This guy is out of control and has nothing better to do than beat his own drum.

In actuality, this is really a non-issue up here. On this entire 60 mile chain of lakes, there are probably less than 30 performance boats. I would bet that there were less than 5 loud boats past this guys house all week.

What really kills me is the fact that this guy has donated so much $$ to the IF&W (game wardens) that they are now spending a rediculous amount of time pulling over every boat that seems to rumble the slightest bit....While the idiot rookies and renters just run around recklessly... and I know first hand, I live here on the water.

Seems to me the LRSLA could not care less about safety. It's all about snuffing out a form of recreation that this rich guy does not agree with.

Kurt

Von Bongo 08-19-2004 08:49 PM

BTW, thank God Auggie Busch keeps his Skater here at LOTO. Maybe he can buy a place there and Budwiser and Pep Boys can go at it :D

wwwTOPDJcom 08-19-2004 09:13 PM

Time for a Poker Run up there :D :D Kurt which one are you the second video?