Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Lake & Loud Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85522-long-lake-loud-boats.html)

Sean H 08-19-2004 09:15 PM

Re: Long Lake & Loud Boats

Did you hear the kids in the boat with him on the second to last video, they thought the boats were cool when they took off... he could learn something from his own.

formuladude312 08-19-2004 09:20 PM

Kurt and Scarobdude, We need to go and raft out in front of allens house, Actually we need to send over somebody from Naples code enforcement to make sure his property "complies" with the town ordinances!!! I think we need to go sit in to the town meetings that he attends on mondays and have our piece seeing he has had his for the last year, He has rated brian (scarob) and Leo's (sonic) as 2004 worst offenders, if he wants "On Golden Pond" there are plenty of lakes in the allegash where he can have his wish, I hate when out of staters come in and think they can take over, Get a life or Get the F@*%k out and take your witch hunt home.

CMG 08-19-2004 09:21 PM

These wackos recommend calling 911 to report an noise "incident"? You gotta be kidding me. I'd hope the cops would ream the caller a new one for reporting a loud boat as an emergency.

Audiofn 08-19-2004 09:43 PM

I can not see the video's right now, maybe they got swamped and their band width is getting closed down. One thing we can do is continue to download the video's as often as you can and when they get the bill for all that band width they will be bumming!!!

I hear that they are even giving out tickets to guys with STOCK 20 foot Baja's. I tell ya if I ever find them tied up to my dock I am going to FREAK OUT!!!!

Jon

formuladude312 08-19-2004 09:57 PM

Audio, I think paul's baja should be grandfathered, It is pre 1997 i think, the maine law reads so i hear 1997 and newer stock exhaust 90 db's, he should go fight it!!!

Audiofn 08-19-2004 10:50 PM

Paul's Baja I guess got one but also the 20 on the river at whitie's place I understand got one. Stock 350 :(

Jon

ofshore 08-20-2004 08:20 AM

He looks like a stalker to me, file a restraining order and the next time you see him have him arrested:D

Chart 08-20-2004 11:40 AM

Maybe the fire protection district local to Long Lake could orginize a shootout as a fund raising event. Or, at least threaten to and ask PepBoy Man to write them a check for the funds they expect to raise instead.

I wonder how much the LOTO economy gains from the Shootout? Would Long Lake merchants like to gain similar? They may be a force that can offset PepBoy Man.

Likewise, is there a local cause with strong public support in the Long Lake area that a charity poker run there could support? Maybe the STM or the DOC -- WAIT!!! I need to rethink this :eek: :D

thisistank 08-20-2004 06:55 PM

I recieved two responses from them. Both defending their organization and both hiding behind the fact that their are loud boat laws. I sent a response to them again. Heres the copy.

Dear, Mr. Spaulding and Mr. Rosen-Ducats,

I have read both your e-mails in there entireties. As I am pleased to receive a response from your board I must admit I am still disenchanted with the activity of the LRSLA. Video taping of boats and placing those images on a public website could be construed as slanderous by some. I find your methods of attempting to gain the masses to join in on your plight questionable. And as usual the majority will bully the minority around and get their way.

The number of high performance, thru-hull style boats on your lakes is minimal compared to the average boating public. The noise bothers your group and you insist the laws that were passed by the majority be strictly enforced. I would advise you however, that if you read the law, you would find many useless and ridiculous laws on the books. As such, a majority passed this law in direct affect of a minority.

You and LRSLA hide behind the fact that the noise issue is a law. Yet, the number of high performance boat owners is minimal. I find it hard to agree with a law that is unbalanced and unjust. I would agree that there are muffler systems that can be added to the boats to quiet them but I feel this would not be the end to the complaints from your group. I read, with out trying to read into, the issue of speed and licensing that Mr. Spaulding referred to. Surely you understand there are no speed limits on most lakes and in the ocean, yet you use it to compare to your issue with noise.

I, on principal, am opposed to groups that seek to restrict others. I feel our freedom in this country has been taken away in an unwarranted amount with an excess of litigation among other issues.

I do not attack you personally Mr. Spaulding, and do indeed appreciate your long and distinguished career. I would not insist you take the flag off of your website. I only feel it distressing that a group of individuals wave our flag on a website that wishes to restrict freedoms. Regardless, that is your right to do so.

We agree to disagree on this topic. It is apparent there is nothing that will change that. I did not write my first e-mail to you in hopes I would change your minds. I just wish people in this day and age could let go of their disdain for one another and “lighten up” a bit. Not everyone enjoys the same type of recreation. For instance, I have been informed there are several people on the LRSLA board who enjoy riding snowmobiles. You may find this odd, but I find the loud pitch exhaust from snowmobiles annoying. Yet, to each their own. A few moments of a snow mobile riding by is not enough for me to want to restrict those who enjoy them.

This will be my last e-mail to you. I just felt you should know as a group that there are others who believe people should be able to enjoy themselves with out being harassed. Again, I know there are laws about noise and as stated already there are methods to reduce this. However, I disagree with what you are trying to accomplish and feel you are going about it the wrong way.
Best Regards,

Tank Sears

Biggus 08-20-2004 07:14 PM

Tank,

That was great.Thanks again, we performance boaters up here really need the support!

Chart,

I'll make a suggestion to the Naples FD, they sponsor the Winter Carnival on the lake complete with a drag race track for the sleds. (but they are ok with this guy)

Kurt.