Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Lake & Loud Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85522-long-lake-loud-boats.html)

outriggers 09-14-2004 09:04 AM

Re: Long Lake & Loud Boats

After reading this thead I won't spend another cent in a PEP BOYS. Doug

AIRTIME 09-14-2004 02:12 PM

BOYCOTT PEP BOYS tell all the hotrod guys this guy hates loud v8's :hothead: :hothead:

bluebyyou 09-14-2004 07:52 PM

I can't believe this thread. I know this is not going to go over well
but you guys are coming off like a bunch of cry babies.

Wa, wa, wa, this guy is so bad, you make him out to
be ruining your lives. Is this how you dealt with the loan officer at the bank you financed your boat from? Is this how you operate
in your chosen profession?

Didn't you check the local regs before you floated you boat?

I'm sorry but how old are you guys. Get a grip.
I had to muffle my boat cause I had a sudden noticeable hearing loss.

I'm all for freedom and noise, but if your going to run
in an area were you know your running illegal, then be men
and deal with the reality. Suck it up and stop the f@*&* &ing
whining.

If we keep pissing and moaning and pissing people off
all over the country there are going to be new restriction every year.
I say run quite if your know your pissing your neighbors off.
If they don't care then make all the noise you want.

boater29 07-24-2005 03:57 PM

A friend of mine sent me a link to this forum and I find it quite interesting. Personally, I ask for a no smoking section when I go out to eat. I have no interest in getting second hand smoke. No problem with me if others want to smoke - just don't include me.

I also should not have to listen to others' second hand noise. Some noise? Sure. Reasonable stuff? Sure. But, it is clear here there are a set of folks around who do not have the curtesy to make their noise away from others. Again, no problem with performance boats. They might be fun for a ride. I have real problems with second hand noise others are subjecting me to.

I was taught to cough away from others. Folks should respect others' feelings and be polite.

Why is this not reasonable?

stecz20 07-24-2005 04:03 PM

sounds like a job for masher.... oh sweety pie where are you....

OldSchool 07-24-2005 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
sounds like a job for masher.... oh sweety pie where are you....

:D :evilb: :D :evilb:

Indy 07-24-2005 04:19 PM

Boater 29...hearing the sound of a loud boat is not going to give you cancer, the comparison is not valid. One is life threatening, the other annoying...to you.

I personally can't stand having my head blown off by a loud Harley with straight pipes, it annoys the crap out of me. But I respect those people's right to run their bikes like that. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I need to legislate against it, it would be kinda self righteous and self serving don't ya think? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you need to do something about it, sometimes you just gotta accept that you're part of the human race that likes some things that you don't. Get over it.

boater29 07-24-2005 04:39 PM

Since I do not like the noise of a Monster Jam, I can choose to not go. When I live on a lake and others come around and force me to listen to their noise (which serves no purpose but to produce noise), then why should I put up with it?

Sorry - politeness rules.

buck183 07-24-2005 04:47 PM

boater29,

It's VERY obvious you are not from the south nor have you ever spent any time there. It's a well known fact of life that loud pipes save lives. It's an effort on our part to address other safety issues on the lake that you are not worried about. :eureka:

I gotta go now, I think my sister is feeling a little frisky.

Buck

cuda 07-24-2005 05:05 PM

Boater29=Troll