Notices

Viper vs Velocity

Old 08-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Viper vs Velocity

Anyone see the article in boating magazine by Eric Colby about the race between a 36 Velocity and a Viper to Key West. Obviously the velocity had the Illmor V-10's.

Eric was talking about how rough it was comming down and metioned they took a "few" over the bow.

Well if you look and the picture of the boat docked in front of the Conch Republic Bar you'll see the windscreen is ripped off the boat!! And the owner is there shaking Eric's hand. Looks like the boat took a pretty good beating.

Dan
Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Viper vs Velocity

I bet they beat the crap out of that poor boat, Then will sell it as a factory demo
Old 08-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Registered

post the pics
Old 08-20-2004, 07:08 AM
WickedWon

In the first pic of the boat I thought wow what the hell is Velocity thinking putting a cheesy piece of unsupported plastic where a faring should be ? Especially in a ( 100mph ) sit down boat where you can't duck, that thing can become a guillotine ( you'll typically survive the green water, it's whats in it that'll kill ya) ! Sure enough most of it is gone after one rough day, thats what I hate about magazines they ALL cover for the manufacturers. The public buys magazines to get educated and what they get is a fantasy that allows manufacturers to build boats that don't work in the real world.......I better shut up before I start providing WAY too many examples. Maybe I shouldn't of had two cups this morning....

Old 08-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please ... enough with the facts and reality !!! Thats not what this is about !!!

BTW Dan ... there's another positive to having a Cig that don't run... you don't have to worry about stuff like wind screens breaking ... unless Twig comes down to help drink beer while you guys are workin on something and falls on it !???!!?!?!?!?

hehehehe
Old 08-20-2004, 10:19 AM
WickedWon

LMAO !!! The clown truck against the school bus !!! Freak'n funny !!

For those of you who don't know, here they are....
Attached Thumbnails Viper vs Velocity-wickedwon4-27-03-003.jpg  

Old 08-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Sorry Guys no scanner.

Checked Boating Mag's website and it is not up yet. It is just funny that it is right there in the picture and nobody mentioned the wind deflector being ripped off. I don't think they forgot about it already?!? I know if I stuff my boat hard enough to rip the deflector off it'll stick in my mind for quite awhile!!!

Jerry, That may be the ONLY good thing about not having a running cig. (azzhole)

Jim, Now that would be a race. Gee wonder who would drive the truck?????
I think we need to put a little swing in the back of the clown truck for jerry to ride in "squeak, squeak".

Shane, good idea the school bus and the clown truck. thats great.

The Velocity won by 47 minutes, The viper had one traffic jam and one speeding ticket to slow them down.

Last edited by Half Nutz; 08-20-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

A "few" over the bow was actually a Stuff according to a passenger!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Registered

From what I heard, everyone onboard was amazed that the windsheild was the only damage and were glad that no one got hurt.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

any pics of the velocity that got damaged?

Quick Reply: Viper vs Velocity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.