Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   21' Cigarette???????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85575-21-cigarette.html)

rchevelle71 08-20-2004 11:04 AM

Re: 21' Cigarette????????

Originally Posted by robyw1
No way would I pay 15K for 1987 21 foot boat with 450 hours on it. NO WAY. I don't care how rare or what brand it is.

just my 2-cents
Roby

Neither would I, and I dont plan on it, I just wanna know if its any good before I go flash SOME green in the guys eyes.........right before winter!!!!

Chris288 08-20-2004 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by robyw1
No way would I pay 15K for 1987 21 foot boat with 450 hours on it. NO WAY. I don't care how rare or what brand it is.

just my 2-cents
Roby

Neat from a nostalgia point of view,,, but I agree, I would find a little 21-23 checkmate or similar O.B. for 1/3 of the price..

rchevelle71 08-20-2004 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chris288
Neat from a nostalgia point of view,,, but I agree, I would find a little 21-23 checkmate or similar O.B. for 1/3 of the price..

A 21-23 foot checkmate does little to nothing for me..........

there are many other brands of 21-23 foot outboard boats I would choose before checkmate........

Velocity
Superboat
Sutphen
etc......

The fact that it is a CIG, and a rare one at that, is the MAIN reason I am interested......

BUT, I also dont want to buy a useless TURD!!!!!!!

Sean 08-20-2004 11:31 AM

apache 21 is also a nice choice if you can find one...

rchevelle71 08-20-2004 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sean
apache 21 is also a nice choice if you can find one...

I knew I missed one....

Thanks Sean!!!

cbdragon 08-20-2004 12:27 PM

Yes it is a 21 Cigarette. It's like Scott Layman use to race...FRENZY. We made 1/2 dozen.....Craig

rchevelle71 08-20-2004 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by cbdragon
Yes it is a 21 Cigarette. It's like Scott Layman use to race...FRENZY. We made 1/2 dozen.....Craig

Thats it???

C'mon Craig.......

Whats the story????

I know you cant say anything for condition, but how is the boat????

Does it run straight, whats the bottom like??? Deep V, or is it flat???

Did you stop making them for lack of interest? or is there more to it than that???

Please PM me if you dont want to post anything publicly.

cbdragon 08-20-2004 08:52 PM

Outboards only. V and runs very nice. Interest very low because of the selling price and the way [cost to manufacture] I wanted to make them. Space in the factory....I had to build them on the same trailer as a 38 or 35. I'm silly about quality look at the Dragon, even under the floor. Competition is ugly in that 20-25 foot market... Craig

Minx20 08-20-2004 09:41 PM

Here is another quality boat that should get your attention. You need to see this boat to understand why it is worth buying. I was recently at "Bow to Stern Maint" located in the same complex as LipShip and TNT\Spinnaker Marine in N. Miami, and found a nearly completed Apache 22 Scout. From what I can tell, the hull has been completely restored, painted in a red and white scheme from top to bottom w/Apache logos on the sides and "APACHE" on the windscreen, new cockpit interior with high backs, full cover, all new shifter\throttle, new gauges w\bezels, all new electrical harnesses, Dual Ram tabs, rebuilt TRS, rebuilt BBC with Stainless Marine manifolds, merlin heads, high rise intake, etc, etc(enigine, trans, and Drive were powder coated red), Garmin gps built into the dash, pop up cleats,engine hatch with air scoop, etc, etc. The boat only needs minor details completed to finish. Needs steering installed, but was told that new unit is included. It comes with most of the odd and ends to finish. It is dusty from being inside their shop, but at least it has been inside the whole time since the redo began. I would have been interested except I was looking for a 24 -28 V-Hull. When I was told the price, I could not believe it was so low for a restored Apache 22. They were asking 15K. This I believe is negotable, as everything is. The quality of the restoration work is unreal. I believe that the hull restoration was done by the crew from LipShip. Speak to Fernando or his brother Rafael at 305.944.7425 [email protected] I see you are in Boca, if it is still avail, then it is worth at least seeing it in person. I do have some pics, but I am in Atlanta for another week and left the pics on my home system.

Good Luck

E.S.

JGB 08-21-2004 10:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Craig, where you at cigarette during the 1985 model year? I assume that is 1984. I am refurbing a 1985 Cig 20. RHS and small block setup with an alpha SS drive. I believe the original was a standard alpha. the color scheme is midnight blue sides with the perimeter piping/stripes. Any info on this boat or issues of this particular vintage? Thanks in advance.

Jim