Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default boatcovers.com

anyone ever dealt with them?

I looked at:

coversearch.com
coverquest.com
rontimco.com

None of these guys made a cover large enough for my 35 Cigarette...so I called boatcovers.com and spoke with Bill. Although their website doesn't show a cover big enough to fit my boat, he says they can add to the largest Universal Cover which is 33' They offer 4 different fabrics for mooring and for towing...the price range he quoted me was from 430 for the Sunburst to 600 for the Prism. They offer UV protection and go approximately 10-12" below the rubrail. I'm mainly looking for something to protect the deck from fading in the summer and possible trip to FLA in the winter...

I'm wondering if anyone has one of their covers and what you think of them? Any other suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:54 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: boatcovers.com

Try
www.carriecovers.com

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a custom cover from these guys. Fits great and the price for a 33 Fountain was less than $400. I faxed a diagram with several detailed measurements from a top view and side view (windshield height, slope of windshield, beam at several different spots, railings, etc.) and the cover fits great. Only took about 3 weeks to get it. You get a choice of fabrics that will change the pricing.

http://www.websweeper.com/php/boat_covers/bc-001.php

Good luck
Old 08-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

I had a shark skin on my old baja and it held up GREAT. I bought a semi-custom shark skin for my 288 from coverquest for a very good price..
Old 08-20-2004, 04:41 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BillR
I have called them 5 times in 3 days and left messages and still havn't got a call back or reached anyone when i call.must be really busy.....If anyone has ordered one of these email me please.i have 04 37' avh that needs one of these.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:23 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Sean, you need to call Dor-a-Mar Canvas, tell them Hyperfishing.com Chris sent you. 631-738-0457

When they are not too busy doing stuff for the military, they do friggin awesome custom work. Did a bunch of it for me, you have seen the custom covers on the box, new rear seat etc. on my boat, they did it.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean, Try dockside canvas in Center Moriches. 878-0469. They did the 88 and 89 Bullets.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
I have called them 5 times in 3 days and left messages and still havn't got a call back or reached anyone when i call.must be really busy.....If anyone has ordered one of these email me please.i have 04 37' avh that needs one of these.
As far as I am concerned, 5 calls in 3 days and NO return call?? They would definately LOSE MY BUSINESS.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:36 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Not sure I can be of any help, but would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I also build custom tailored covers but I use only the best quality materials, ie, sunbrella or aqualon so I can't compete with the generic low cost cover folks. I do have access to a Cig Cafe so could actually tailor fit one and send it to you. Don't hesitate to give me call if you have any questions either way. Or check out my website, www.sunriseuph.com.
John
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all the info...

so far, boatcovers.com seems to be able to do what I want, I just wish I could talk to someone who has used them...anyone out there?

i don't have a lot to spend, but want to make sure I get something that will protect the boat...