Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Island Sound Sunday Morning AWESOME! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85712-long-island-sound-sunday-morning-awesome.html)

Liberator21 08-23-2004 09:53 AM

Long Island Sound Sunday Morning AWESOME!

Was anyone out on Western Long Island Sound yesterday (Sunday)? I was out in the morning, 68 degrees low humidity, boat was running awesome! What a day. Saw some incredible boats out there. Some of them had to be OSO members. One sounded hotter than the next. Almost made me feel inadequate:). A light chop made it fun. I don’t think the guys fishing at the mouth of Manhasset bay were too happy with me when I blew by them like I was being chased by the cops!:) Too bad I had to cut it short. :( Had to go to a 50th wedding anniversary party, indoors!!! My brother-in-law and I sat there counting down the hours till we could get out of there. He was itching to get back out on his bike, and me on the water! Anyone else out there Sunday morning?

Indy 08-23-2004 10:02 AM

Re: Long Island Sound Sunday Morning AWESOME!

I was out with FT 525 and JROMY around the Norwalk Islands in the afternoon. It chopped up quite nice (perfect conditions for me!!) and was a blast running around.

Stormrider 08-23-2004 10:14 AM

I was out for the Manhasset Bay Poker Run, which broke inlet at 12:45.
Was on John's 38TG for one hellofaride! Lotsa fun! Thanks John.

You couldn't miss 40+ HP boats coming out of that harbour! :D

Looks nice again today... hope I get out there!

TomFTM 08-23-2004 10:26 AM

We were out there running in the run, it got really nasty over by the sand hole at the mouth of cold spring harbor . I think we needed a pilot's license for all the air we were getting. Tom

John NY 08-23-2004 10:32 AM

Rob it was great to have you aboard!

Manhasset Bay Poker run was a blast. Conditions couldn't have been better. I ran wide open the whole run 80-85 MPH just about the whole time.

Rob, after you left we got the trophy for best looking boat.

I'll post some pics later. I also have a bunch of pics from the Jay Miller Poker run a few weeks ago I need to get up here including xXx blowing past us during the run.

John

Liberator21 08-23-2004 10:42 AM

I forgot about the poker run. No wonder there were so many cool boat out there.
And I had to go to a stupid party!:(

Stormrider 08-23-2004 11:01 AM

Congrats on the award John! It is one sharp looking boat!