Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what is the history of MTI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85733-what-history-mti.html)

mr_velocity 08-25-2004 01:47 PM

Re: what is the history of MTI

Originally Posted by Ron P
Please do.....

Nice to see OSS is working hard to keep things fair.

And I thought you were a reporter :rolleyes:

ApachePete 08-25-2004 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Header pipes too long...... oil drain holes where they weren't supposed to be
pulling vacuum when you are not allowed to, higher compression than allowed, counter rotated engine on one side with compensating illegal modifications to one drive........ Engines completely torn down for inspection......witnessed by the engine builder ........shall I continue?

T2x

So are ALL of the MTI's cheating?

Maybe too much time with Reggie!

ApachePete 08-25-2004 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Gordo if you have any information that Mercury Marine ever cheated.....please post it... You don't...... because they never have. Among other things .........It would be bad business.

Please understand that the engine builder in question witnessed his engines being torn down...and acknowledged/admitted the modifications...... No sweat for him...He makes his bones selling super HP Poker run engines where the owners don't care if he uses parts smuggled in from Hades.... a little rule bending only adds to his panache with that crowd.

By the way...... The excuse/basis given for this "transgression" was a letter that had been received "allowing" these changes by the previous sanctioning body....... a letter that no one(including the sanctioning body's officials) had seen except the engines' owner and the letter's author......... guess who that was.........

T2x

P.S..... Have you heard about the new boating "Ambulance Chaser" Company that seeks out victims of boating accidents and provides services and tools to sue the boat manufacturer and any other potentially deep pocketed....errr...."responsible" parties? I especially love the initials.

Ask your "good buddies" about it.

So, what ARE the initials?

Sean H 08-25-2004 09:32 PM

MTI ? Marine Technology Inc...

ApachePete 08-25-2004 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by nortech36
MTI ? Marine Technology Inc...

"Ambulance Chasers?"

I don't know.

gearcase 08-25-2004 11:01 PM

just did big cat poker run nor cal delta in a friends 39 mti with #6's and 1000's boat handles great ran up to 140mph there were some fast skaters on the run as well!

RJATX71 08-29-2004 08:39 AM

I'm not too sure about all of the history,but I had the chance to get a close look at a 39'MTI this past weekend in Destin, Florida (Emerald Coast Poker Run). They had trailered it from Miami. The 39' MTI was very impressive,beautiful boat. It had a pair of 950's with #6's. It was definitely a head turner. Also there were a few that were racing in Orange Beach.

Phantom1 09-01-2004 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by T2x
Header pipes too long...... oil drain holes where they weren't supposed to be
pulling vacuum when you are not allowed to, higher compression than allowed, counter rotated engine on one side with compensating illegal modifications to one drive........ Engines completely torn down for inspection......witnessed by the engine builder ........shall I continue?

T2x

Exactly who within OSS provided these details to you T2x? I would think these types of details would be confidential while they are obviously still under review/appeal (unofficial results).

Phantom1 09-03-2004 02:38 PM

Amazing - Some people can dish it out..........but they damn sure can't take it. :mad: