Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Insurance????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85744-cat-insurance.html)

OkieTunnel 08-23-2004 09:59 PM

Re: Cat Insurance?????

I have posted insurance information at least 5 times on this board. Why does nobody listen! 1050HP 31 Cat under 1000 a year! Murphy's law says that my insurer will call me tomorrow and cancel me :eek: Because i have told too many people!

apache21 08-23-2004 10:09 PM

My insurance is with American national also. 24 Skater 500hp outboards. $480 a year

OkieTunnel 08-23-2004 10:15 PM

Cobra look in your yellow pages under American National or American Pacific or ANPAC. I will get my personal agents # tomorrow and try to post it.

Apache 21...I don't know you. You are from Sand Springs, do you know Kevin?

Lenny R 08-23-2004 11:00 PM

I am a direct Markel Agent, they will do cats, based on a speed calculator rating of up to around 120mph. I will gladly quote for you if you call or go to my web site. As to ANPAC and others, they don't know what your boat is, once they do you will be canceled (sorry, standard lines companies make mistakes every once in a while, when the underwriter cant spell boat.) Hopefully another market will enter, but we better stop seeing pictures of flipped cats!!!
thanks
lenny

Lenny R 08-23-2004 11:03 PM

one other thing, if you have a Lloyds policy and it is really that cheap, I would really suggest you read the policy to see whats covered. Sometimes you get exactly what you pay for.

OkieTunnel 08-23-2004 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lenny R
I am a direct Markel Agent, they will do cats, based on a speed calculator rating of up to around 120mph. I will gladly quote for you if you call or go to my web site. As to ANPAC and others, they don't know what your boat is, once they do you will be canceled (sorry, standard lines companies make mistakes every once in a while, when the underwriter cant spell boat.) Hopefully another market will enter, but we better stop seeing pictures of flipped cats!!!
thanks
lenny

Right now you aren't as cheap...Why do you got to attack the other companies ability to spell boat? Bottom line: If ANPAC doesn't know what they are insuring I am saving about $1000 a quarter until they figure it out.

OkieTunnel 08-23-2004 11:18 PM

Why does your name say exmarkelexec...like ex Markel Executive?

Chuck 08-24-2004 06:20 AM

LennyR, Please post that phone number. I would like to speak to you about this purchase. I can be reached at 518 796 3325. Thank you for your time.

Tantrum 08-24-2004 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
Right now you aren't as cheap...Why do you got to attack the other companies ability to spell boat? Bottom line: If ANPAC doesn't know what they are insuring I am saving about $1000 a quarter until they figure it out.

Your not saving your wasting. God Forbid you ever need to submit a substantial claim they will (could) tell you then YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE. It is up to you to "figure it out" not them. They will gladly take your premiums because if they dont have to pay they have no liability.
Again I dont know the details of your policy and Im not saying you dont have insurance. Im just saying read the fine print.

Personally I believe this is going to have a substantial impact on the resale of these boats. I think once the banks realize these some of these boats are not insured as the owners think they are, lending money will be the next problem. For this question I will star another thread.

hugetime1 08-24-2004 08:49 AM

chuck you are lookin at 12k