Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85963-smith-mountain-lake-va-labor-day-weekend.html)

Sydwayz 08-31-2004 08:00 PM

Re: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Let's try and bank on Saturday night at Bridgewater Plaza then, for The Worx. Everyone should be in town by then, and we will still have Sunday night left if any weather problems arise on Saturday.

I look forward to seeing everyone.

mwdill 08-31-2004 09:04 PM

the wardens wont bother you if you dont drive real crazy,just wave at them when u go bye,as far as the boats it should be pretty crowded all the boys should be out,and when u go to the bridge sat nite just make sure u have a designated driver they will have sobriety checks on both sides of the bridge on road and water went thru one 2 weeks ago when the worx was there

BAJA WILL 08-31-2004 09:12 PM

Dockmanrich37

I party all weekend :D anyone is welcome to stop in on sat-sun, maybe even friday if anyone comes in early I will try to meet up with them. I am almost alway at the cliffs on sat.

Let me help out on a couple of things here,

First we have had a few deaths this summer most from PWC so watch out for them! their idiots.

Second, Mufflers all you need is "baffles" on your exhaust that is the little rubber flaps.

Last, I do suggest going to see the "Worx" they really tear it up, they play fri and sat. If you go sat you will need to get there around 5;30-6pm to make sure you get a space and can get in. Yes it will be that crowded sat night if the weather is nice.

Last have a sober driver for going home sat night, I have really strong feeling their will be a river block after the show. History repeats itself!

WILL :D

mwdill 08-31-2004 09:36 PM

there not playing fri nite ,just sat and sun nite,but looks like sat nite is the nite to go because of the weather sun nite

Sydwayz 08-31-2004 10:01 PM

Yep, link above confirms Sat & Sun nites.

DaveSunsation 09-01-2004 06:34 AM

It's looking like I'll be bringing a spanking new 32 Mid-Cabin Open Bow with HP500's down to Shoreline and spending the weekend with Mark and the gang. Mark has graciously given me a place to hang my props for the weekend. Never been there but from what I hear SML is a great place with many very nice boats.

DaveSunsation 09-01-2004 07:41 AM

Update -

Mitcher T jsut called me and he ran into a little hiccup on the graphics that wont make the boat ready in time to bring it down. :(

BAJA WILL 09-01-2004 05:19 PM

Yea you all are right about sat/sun :drink:

Dave, my cousins just purchased a 32 mid cabin on SML got it from Mark, It has the 496 HOs and is a nice ride. If you still come down I am sure you can find a ride, it just might not be a Sunsation.

WILL :drink:

Blue by You 09-01-2004 07:38 PM

Will-Man! Can't wait! One more day! I'm hooking up the boat Friday morning and hope to be on the road by noon. If all goes as planned I should splash it around 3PM. Again, we're in a huge house at R-1 down by the dam. What are your Friday plans? What about Randy? We're bringing our personnal babysitter (aka: Grandma) so I think we're good for whatever! Just looking at having a great time. Keep my cell handy 336-210-3269 and call me with the plan! I'm hearing rumors of a few LKN guys coming up. The lake should see a HP crowd. Sounds like it's going to be a good show.

Blue by You 09-01-2004 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
PS: Anyone know where there is a public access near R-1?