Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Charley Came To My House (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85985-charley-came-my-house.html)

R Addiction 08-26-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Charley Came To My House

Jay, I am speechless!!! I know how you feel about boats.....Be right back!!

I'm back I had to go make myself a strong Captain and Coke after realizing how lucky I am. Our thoughts are with you and everyone in the area. Keep your heads up. :)

mopower 08-26-2004 09:11 PM

OUCH :eek:
At least you came through it ok. That sounds like quite a living nightmare :(

SpeedGirl 08-26-2004 09:21 PM

OMG..... what a story.... I feel so helpless...... :(

As far as your engine..... The minute you get the engine out.. Take the plugs out, roll it over by hand and get all the water out of the cylinders, and drain the oil.... fill the cylinders with diesel... fill the crank case with diesel and oil.... roll the engine over by hand a few times.... Drain all that back out and put new plugs and oil in the engine and try to start it.... Keep changing the oil will you have no water in the oil.... then fog the engine a few times after you have it running...

Hope this helps, and God Bless

Heather

R Addiction 08-26-2004 09:26 PM

I love a woman that knows her Chit!!! And it doesn't hurt that she likes to "back 'em out!!!! :D

MitchStellin 08-26-2004 09:31 PM

There are OSO members there, they can lend a beer hand :) The rest is up to a front loader and a crane. What a mess, that is 1/1,000,000 of the damage done there. 11 Billion is not a number to be taken lightly. Glad you are ok and there will be jobs, get a truck and some tools and but a 70 Hatteras :) Good luck and welcome to FL. :rolleyes: I'm glad you gave the TV back, if it was in the rain it was not lomg for this world anyway. :)

timewarp 08-26-2004 09:56 PM

Jay,
After reading your posts I have tears in my eyes, that is an incredible story. Glad you're safe, P.M. me your address also, would like to help somehow.

Caleb

EricG 08-26-2004 10:03 PM

I also don't post around here much...but your story definitly deserves a response.

My Fiance' was riveted to the TV during the entire Hurricane ordeal, so when I started reading your story, I immediately got her and we read it together. What an amazing story. Well written too...

As others have said, at least you made it through and are able to share you story with others...

Good luck with the rebuilding process....

-EG

CigBoat 08-26-2004 10:47 PM

Jay
Sorry to hear about your loss! I drove down 75 today for the first time since Charlie and I was amazed by all the damage! Seeing the damage first hand is so much worse than pictures. I live in up in Sarasota and would be willing to help out in anyway that I can please let me know!
Todd
[email protected]

cuda 08-26-2004 10:51 PM

What a sobering thread. Just be glad you weren't one of the more unfortunate people that will never have a chance to do anything ever again. What type of work are you in? Oso is a great network.

97BossHammer 08-27-2004 07:17 AM

the heck with the boats man.......I'm glad your alive!!!! These pictures are really something else. If there's anything we can do just post it up....as mentioned, I've seen the work of OSO in times of need.