Notices

Charley Came To My House

Old 08-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Charley Came To My House

Now I see why my boat insurance is so high.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, no one has the words to really comfort you except you are in all of our thoughts. I'm just up the road in Nokomis, (next to Venice/north) and we just missed that chit by about 25/30 miles. I was scared chitless watching the storm's progress that morning.

We are doing a lot of remodeling on our house, have lots of animals, but also have a clean spare bedroom your welcome to if need be.

You SURVIVED, that is the main thing. Everything else will eventually fall into place.

PM me if there is anything I can do. Cell # is 941-544-1375. You DO have many friends down here, you just have not met them yet. Russ
Old 08-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Registered

Rivitting story, sorry to hear of your loss.god bless.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Registered

Amazing story, glad you are here to tell it.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have trouble finding words, Jay. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope it at least helped vent some frustration. I can't believe what you must have gone through, there's no way to imagine it without being there. I feel even worse knowing that I was feeling joy when it turned inland, sparing us...I was taking in a sigh of relief while you were getting pummeled. The devestation is awful.
You have many friends here.

Jay, what do you need, what can we do?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay, it might be hard to realize right now but you are one lucky man. Any one piece of the debris storm could have killed you. Stuff can be rebuilt or replaced but life cannot. I can't even imagine what you went through personally, never mind physically.Good luck and remember, lean on your OSO brothers and sisters, they are there for you.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for the time and thought you put into recording your experience. This is one of the most important threads in a long time. The pics were some of the most compelling I have seen in terms of loss to boats. I feel like you do. Love 'em.

Makes me wish I was located closer so I could be of help.

Good luck.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Registered

All I can say is "OH MY GOD" I am from TN and have never been in anything like that. It is overwhelming. I know I am about 700 miles away but if there is anything I can do PLEASE let me know. When you hear about the devastation on t.v., it just does not seem as tragic as when you see it through the eye's of someone who has lived it. All I can say is who sorry I am for what you had to go through.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay the best thing is that you're still alive to write about it. I wish I lived closer and could help you put things back together. I too share the passion for boats and the pics of the dry stack made my eyes sore. I really wish you the very best and a speedy recovery. Things will improve.

God Bless
Roby
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Jay, having been in a trailer in one tornado and having lost everything to a second one, I can still barely imagine what you went through. Best thing is that you are safe. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your boat comes through as well as you.

Quick Reply: Charley Came To My House

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.