Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Livorsi vs. Billet -looking for experiences. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86007-livorsi-vs-billet-looking-experiences.html)

damdonzi 08-27-2004 09:56 AM

Livorsi vs. Billet -looking for experiences.

2 Attachment(s)
Need to order some trim tab switches and looking for experience with either of these. I like the idea of the Livorsi throttle with the trim switch for the drive and the tabs all being on the same handle and never having to take your hand off the stick to adjust anything. This is not an optional add-on, you have to order this whole unit from Livorsi. Has anyone used these before? My only concern is trying to adjust the tabs and then pushing-pulling the throttle, or is it really as simple as extending your index finger?

The other option are these billet tab indicators.

All advice appreciated.

blackhawk 08-27-2004 10:09 AM

Re: Livorsi vs. Billet -looking for experiences.

I would definitely recommend putting them on the handle if you use your tabs a lot. I am always using my tabs and I did a home made install into my handle. Both up or both down and I could never go back to using the remote switches.

Stormrider 08-27-2004 01:03 PM

Fred, how do you move the tabs w/ that???
Ain't that just for the drives?

I recently saw drive controls in the trottle.
Two little buttons inside the handle head. It controlled both drives at the same time.
It was on a new cig.
Then it would be nice to add freds for the tabs.

damdonzi 08-27-2004 01:12 PM

That's what I'm thinking. The top photo of the white Livorsi throttle has the drive trim switch in the center of the top of the throttle (thumb would control this) and then the 2 trim tab switches are mounted ahead. But has anyone ever used these? Do you like/dislike them?

blackhawk 08-27-2004 01:18 PM

Storm, you could do either or both. If you do both it would be both tabs up or dorn on the handle and drive(or both drives) up or down.

That is how I wired mine in my handle. I also added a bypass switch so at cruising speeds I can adjust each tab seperate so the boat runs straight. Then when it's time for a WFO run I flick the swith and used the controls in my handle. Left button both tabs up, left button both tabs down.

Before you needed three fricken hands to drive my boat!

Audiofn 08-27-2004 01:34 PM

If you want to run both you have to put a DIOD into the two lines so that you can fine tune them individually on the switches on the dash

Jon

Stormrider 08-27-2004 02:20 PM

Gotta be able to trim each tab separately.

CIG3 08-27-2004 03:04 PM

I would call livorsi or fred and have them order you a throttle handle with (2) switches in it. One for Tab and One for Drive(S). you will also need an isolator from Livorsi. This lowers the voltage to the switch so you don't fry it trying to run both tabs. This set up will allow you to use either the dash mounted switches of the throttle mounted. At WOT you should have you settings pretty close so up and down is all you need. Livorsi will send you the wiring diagram with the Handle. If you need help call Ed Mannion at Livorsi he will set you up.