Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Happend to The $50k or Less Market? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86041-what-happend-%2450k-less-market.html)

Dock Holiday 09-02-2004 07:26 PM

Re: What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

The market is really screwed up right now. With insurance and gasoline, and the fact that lending agencies are not as easy to work with it is hard for everyone including dealers.

But there is hope!

True Story;

A buddy on LKN had a 1999 Baja 272 open bow! He owed $49,000 which put him about $10,000+ upside down in the boat. He wanted to sell it to upgrade, and had resigned the fact that he was going to have to put up money to sell it.

He is talking to a friend that just happens to mention that a buddy of his is looking for a family bow rider. My buddy sends him ONE (1) picture and the guy calls him. He asks a few questions about the boat and then asks what he will take for it.

He says he owes $49K and does not want to make anything on the boat and will take the payoff. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just happened about three weeks ago.

I could not believe it!!!

You just have to find that perfect buyer!

thedonz 09-03-2004 12:24 AM

BUDDY IT THE MARKET. WE HAVE HAD OUR DONZI 33Z 89 WITH 96 REBUILT ENGINES 1 YR AGO OR SO AND ONLY CALLS BUT NOONE SERIOUS AND THE BOAT IS SELLING FOR 29,000 SO YA CAN ADD US ALSO TO THE LIST. THINK ABOUT TRYING E-BAY IF YA REALLY WANT TO SELL IT FASTER :rolleyes:

DONZ JR MIKE

doright 09-03-2004 05:07 PM

$30k gets the whole rig...

doright 09-03-2004 05:07 PM

how in ****ing hell do you post a ****ing pic on this site

doright 09-03-2004 05:08 PM

i follow the lousy instructions, noting happens

cuda 09-03-2004 05:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by doright
i follow the lousy instructions, noting happens

Here you go.

dockrocker 09-03-2004 08:13 PM

I thought that boat was sold long ago? (The 357/Kaama, I mean)

rainmn 09-03-2004 09:06 PM

$50K or less? Hell, I can't even get rid of my little crownline for 5 grand. Had it on e-Bay for a week....tons of e-mails, phone calls, hassle, etc. 70+ people had it on their watch list. Not a bid. Had it in the local paper as well..same story. People asking me questions like I'm demanding top $$ for the boat. "Can you transport it to St. Louis?" Sure, I'll drive halfway across the country and back to deliver a $5K boat. Not to mention the part of the ad that said "No trailer." :rolleyes:
I'm about to give it away to someone at this point. (Just not to any of the people who sent me stupid e-mails through e-bay.) It's not money I want out of it...I just need to get rid of it to get a new boat. I'm out of space on my dock.
Done with my rant. I feel better now. :D

doright 09-03-2004 09:29 PM

no........i stuck it in a pole barn....gathering dust....i know...shameful...i'm not a boater

doright 09-04-2004 10:17 AM

Naw...it's been sitting under a pole barn gathering dust for 15 months