Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Happend to The $50k or Less Market? >

What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

Notices

What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

What The Hell Happend to $50k or less market? I have a great deal on a very repspectable older offshore boat (1990 34 Scarab) I cant give it away! not even a phone call! (would someone at least call me and act interested) Is it the Wellcraft name? (its not all that bad, or is it?) I personally have had no complaints with Scarab and It for sure cant be the price! (39k) a Cigarette is twice the price! is it really twice the boat? This boat is a steal and yet open for offers. I mean I see boats moving but it seams only the high end go fast and I mean High end or under 20k junk and yes I mean junk. What happend to middle end market?
Old 08-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

It all boils down to this .... "I" bought one of those >50K Boats in April ...So just like everything else I do ....the bottom falls out right after I pay $$$ for one of those >50K boats ... Simple .... Just a note...dont ever get behind me in a checkout line ...never fails ..
Old 08-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Registered

I pretty positive there is always bad blood with any used boat purchase and/or sometimes new and not all 50k or less boats are bad. I have seen many people spend 150k or more and yet get burned. There should still be a market for the 50k or less. Not all can afford or want to pay more for a boat worth more than there house.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Registered

From my own personal experience, I find that the $50k and under market is very seasonal. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. 2 Years ago, I was watching all the sites for that really good boat value.I had a hole burning in my pocket, but couldn't find anything worth spittin' on. Spring rolls around and WHAM!, more deals than I could shake a stick at.
My advice- Take High Quality, detailed pics of the boat in and out of the water with a nice backdrop for scenery(not just on the trailer in a back alley).Marketing and exposure are everything when you have a great valued boat for sale.You'll find the right buyer-just be patient. My .02 cents.

Take care, Drive safe!

Water
Old 08-28-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole market has been tough dude .... but .... with National on the ropes , there may be a bit of a swing back to reality for a while ... may stall the trade up every 8 months trend and the ripple effect may help the lower and middle range market ???

Ahhhh screw it !!! Trade that thing in somewhere and get yourself a nice fat payment book !!! By the way .... are you going to throw out a plug for the 9/11 Hot Rod Run ???
Old 08-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

I agree, I am not unable to unload my 30k dollar boat (which appraised for 40k) for even 20k on a trade in!! Brand new motors with warranties............unreal............I had one tire kicker, thats it. So I am stuck with it for now..........I feel your pain!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think its just the market right now. just slow. Sometimes ya just have to find the right buyer.Boon it will be gone .It will come around one day.
Good luck

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Join the club, I am sitting here wondering if I should give my boat away.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

A acquaintence of mine locally has same boat (34 ft scarab)except it's from late 80's,he bought it minus engines,built a decent pair of 454's for it,spent about 40k between boat/motors/rigging,actually in decent shape,decided he wanted to sell it last year. Put it up for 35k,he's down to 20k,just wants it gone and still gets NO CALLS!!
Old 08-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Registered

STEVO! I hear ya man, I have ahd mine up for about a month and a half now, had one call, and a ton of those fuking overseas scam e mails

that being said who wants a 28 Cigarette in exelent shape?

Quick Reply: What Happend to The $50k or Less Market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.