Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any memebr claims or accident scene investigator? >

any memebr claims or accident scene investigator?

Notices

any memebr claims or accident scene investigator?

Old 08-29-2004, 06:01 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any memebr claims or accident scene investigator?

I was involved ian pretty nasty wreck earlier this evengin. I am fine. My truck, rae trailer and race car aren't so hot.

Actually the truck is most likely totalled.

I was heading up to race at NHIS goigbn about 60 ine th left lane when i drunk came screamign up eth middle lane swerved into my lane popped my right front wheel sent me into eth concrete median. The impact spun him and he went headon into the median and i Then t boned him. Thsi all happned iwthin perhaps 2 or 3 seconds. The impact was the median cut all my left side tires (2 truck,2 trailer)and cracked the hitch tongue on the trailer and un hitched the trailer. I was stuck in et left lane.

The guy who casued teh accident somehow wound up on the right side of eth road and after abtou 5 minutes "drove" off. His car was a major POS and I can just smell the 1800 ambulence chaser 10 million dollar lawsuit comming. I need to gather some info from the accidentdent scene and my truck to bolster my story (the truth).

Any help woudl be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brendan

FYI GMC pickup trucks are biult liek brick ****houses and When they tbone a car such as i believ a nissan sentra are damn come out just fine. I'm pretty sure the giant steel tow hooks up front took the brunt of force, hell my bumbper is barely messe dup. UNfotunaly teh chassis seesm to be tweaked form the sideswipe of the concrete center barriers. Additionally my rear axle and diff seem to be cracked (all eth fliud shot out everywhere)
Old 08-29-2004, 06:02 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Default Re: any memebr claims or accident scene investigator?

ok yeah carnage pics to follow soon.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by puder
ok yeah carnage pics to follow soon.
Glad your ok!!! what state did this happen in ?? and did you get his plate #
Had a few friends @ NHIS this weekend..what did the police say??And do they know who hit you.. Sorry a bunch of open ended ??? Just glad you didnt have the boat in tow!!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:27 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt you'll be hearing from an attorney, he fled the scene (your right, probably drunk) and unless he went straight to a hospital for care, I don't see how he could come after you. Hope race car isn't hurt bad, probably only thing hurt without insurance. Good luck
Old 08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i got no info. I was stuck one the left side median he was on eth right directly across from me. SO i couldn't read the plate.

It happened in New Haven CT. The cops were a half step above useless. As a matter of fact one state trooper threatened to arrest me for "not complying with his instructions". I was talkign with the oother trooper (i'm assumign lower ranking) about what they needed to move all my **** of fteh highway (2 tow trucks and a floor jack). And the otehr trooper demanded i provide liscense adn registration immediatly. I told him to hold on 2 seconds and he flipped his ****. Amazingly enough he shut right up when i asked for a senior officer so i could lodge a formal complaint. After all i had just been a pretty nasty wreck that was cuased bya drunk jacakss who fled the scene!

As for eth race car. Its all fixable just gonna be kind of expensive. It broke all the tie down and slammed into eth front wall of the trailer. The crushbox crushed (imagine that) and took out all the master cylinders. (at least of grand worth of repairs there). And i'm sure ther eis more that is broken becasue all my **** went flying into the car. Also my brand new 40" ball bearing $1000 tool box is destroyed becaue my generator wnet flyinf into it. My generator is also wasted.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well.... it sounds like the other party didn't hang around to collect his DUI ticket.....
Old 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Good luck, I hope the cops don't make you write down your story you will be ****ed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered

I'm gald your ok. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Man that really sucks. Really gald your alive..

Sounds like you need to get back into boating :-)

Fred
Old 08-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Puder, glad YOU are well and still typing badly!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Puder - What day was it, and what time. What highway were you on? How sure are you that it was a Nissan Sentra? Did you see a Nissan logo, or was it just that style of a vehicle? Color would help, even if it's dark or light and where would the point of impact be on his vehicle? Might be able to give a few folks in the insurance industry a heads up to be on the lookout for someone reporting a hit & run with them being the victim.....P.S. - What color is your truck? Would there have been paint transfer? Sorry, lots of questions, but would love to help you out.

Quick Reply: any memebr claims or accident scene investigator?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.