Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prop with jagged dings..WTF (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86100-prop-jagged-dings-wtf.html)

Donzi Corleone 08-29-2004 10:15 AM

Prop with jagged dings..WTF

Pulled the boat yesterday cleaning it and noticed 2-3 jagged dings on one of the three blades. Nothing on the other prop nothing on the skegs. WTF could do that. Never felt a bump or a shudder. Gonna take them buy Throttle up tomorrow and see worst case/best case scenario. I run 15x30 Merc. racing 3 blade cleavers. Any suggestions?

Formula Outlaw 08-29-2004 10:24 AM

Re: Prop with jagged dings..WTF

Frank, my guess you hit some floating debris that the prop caught and probably fragmented it, that's why you might not have felt it. Might have caught something just as you were hitting a wave so you might not have noticed it. Either way, had to have hit something. Russ

cuda 08-29-2004 10:28 AM

I agree with Russ.

Reed Jensen 08-29-2004 04:11 PM

Hmmmm.... nicks.... didn't feel anything.... hmmmmm ..... was there any Manatee meat left on the blade?....... :D

offthefront 08-29-2004 06:27 PM

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Formula Outlaw 08-30-2004 07:48 AM

Mike, I always "polish" mine after every use and keep them stored in airtight bags. I had the "rusting" problem too and that's what has worked well for me. I use good ole "Semi-chrome" and just lightly polish. It keeps the rust away just fine.

Hydro 08-30-2004 09:24 AM

Shark Tower made by Frenzy Wax makes prop maintenance a breeze. It removes rust stains almost instantly and keeps them cleaner longer.

WickedWon 08-30-2004 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Yes, I will have to go polish them again. I have so semi-chrome and I have a lot of Flitz. Taking the props off after every use would be a huge hassle for me though.

They go faster rusty ! :eek: :D

T2x 08-30-2004 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
Pulled the boat yesterday cleaning it and noticed 2-3 jagged dings on one of the three blades. Nothing on the other prop nothing on the skegs. WTF could do that. Never felt a bump or a shudder. Gonna take them buy Throttle up tomorrow and see worst case/best case scenario. I run 15x30 Merc. racing 3 blade cleavers. Any suggestions?

Last year one of our members reported a skeg eating shark....perhaps you got a nibble?

T2x :)

Donzi Corleone 08-30-2004 05:42 PM

Took them to throttle up and for 130.00 it will be welded and grinded like new..I was near shore but the water was so murky it was like being on a tea stained lake. I though I was out far enough, hell the wife went off the back and it was above her waist. Just gonna be a little more conservative next time. they can swim 10ft more next time. We did see several floating trunks or palm frowns on the water earlier, Oh Well its done and thats part of the fun ($$$$$$$).