Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86105-my-way-seized-ny-weapons-found.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-29-2004 02:41 PM

"My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

http://www.wnbc.com/news/3689668/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A pleasure boat was boarded and seized in New York Harbor early Sunday, after three weapons, including a machine gun were found on board, the Coast Guard said.

The 45-foot cabin cruiser, "My Way," was boarded after a Coast Guard boat crew spotted it operating without navigation lights near Governors Island around 2 a.m., said Coast Guard spokesman Patrick Montgomery.

The boat's owner, Frank Mele, 52, of Weehawken, N.J., told officials as they were boarding that he was carrying a 12-guage shotgun, a .30 caliber rifle and an AK-47 onboard, Montgomery said.

The boat, which was carrying 22 people, was then taken to a New York Police Department pier in Brooklyn, where Mele was arrested on a gun possession charge and the boat was taken into police custody.

The Coast Guard did not believe the weapons were part of any plot, and was nothing more sinister than someone allegedly carrying guns illegally on a boat, Montgomery said.

"The security net is, of course, much tighter this week, so we are looking much more closely at these things," he added.

Downtown42 08-29-2004 02:45 PM

Re: "My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

Damn, wouldn't want to flip him off!

jmeng 08-29-2004 03:38 PM

Uhh, is it illegal to have guns on boats in NJ?

Formula Outlaw 08-29-2004 03:48 PM

New Jersey, New York, and D.C., are three areas where the "liberals" prefer only criminals to have/possess weapons. Law abiding citizens are deemed criminals for mere possession without a permit. Gun laws vary widely state by state.

To be safe, check with the State Police or State Attorney's Office in your state for clarification on legality of weapon possession.

cuda 08-29-2004 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Formula Outlaw's mailbox. Looks like a freindly place. :)

Shane 08-29-2004 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
New Jersey, New York, and D.C., are three areas where the "liberals" prefer only criminals to have/possess weapons. Law abiding citizens are deemed criminals for mere possession without a permit.

Ain't that the TRUTH! :blaster: These same liberals FORGET that guns are what won us our FREEDOM! Funny how Rosie O'Donnel is against guns etc., but "her" kids body guards carry them! HYPOCRIT! Maybe if she wasn't such a flaming left wing radical, "her" kids wouldn't need protection! :hothead:

Formula Outlaw 08-29-2004 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Here's Formula Outlaw's mailbox. Looks like a freindly place. :)

When the mailman puts mail in the box, he has to ask himself,
"do I feel lucky".....:D :D

Formula Outlaw 08-29-2004 05:36 PM

GUN CONTROL:

The ability to place the shots exactly where you intended.......

Shane 08-29-2004 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
GUN CONTROL:

The ability to place the shots exactly where you intended.......

EXACTLY! :eureka:

Comanche3Six 08-29-2004 05:39 PM

Well, now the terrorists know that they can take the "My Way" without meeting any resistance. Just like they took control over the Commecial jets that struck the World Trade Centers.