Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86106-enough-heat-already-i-just-ordered-new-snowmobile-bring-snow.html)

blackhawk 08-31-2004 07:09 PM

Re: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

Yeah, that's my "XC600". Slightly modified of course! ;)

Pantera1 08-31-2004 07:13 PM

Re: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

A YELLOW XC ...ahh that aint right ..
But it looks quick ..
I have to pick up a sled for this year ..
Skipped last year after swimming home the year before ..very scary

FountainCS 08-31-2004 07:20 PM

Looks like everyone will be ther Bobby. Lake George south for the week. See you on Duval Street. I'll drop you a line before.

blackhawk 08-31-2004 07:22 PM

Just wanted to do something different. Actually in the process of going through the sled and I'm planning on painting the hood all black with no graphics.

And yeah, it's quick! The sled we smoked in that video WAS the fastest sled before we got there. A highly modded Mach Z.

Wasabe 08-31-2004 07:24 PM

It would look cool if it was black matte.

blackhawk 08-31-2004 07:28 PM

I'm kind of partial to yellow. ;) But now I want it to look sweet but not stick out. A true "sleeper"! :D

blackhawk 09-20-2004 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I have over 30 hours into tearing the beast down and re-assembling it. Motor totally gone through. Most of the chassis torn down and inspected and parts replaced as needed. Stripped a few parts off since we just race it now. I'm almost there. Guessing about 3-4 hours away. Sled is all black now(the color of the nose cone) with no decals at all.

BonnieOutlaw 09-20-2004 09:54 AM

Do you race it on a 1/4 mile strip? What time do you get (when it has an engine of course). That looks like a lot of fun. :)

blackhawk 09-20-2004 10:08 AM

Bonnie, I race on grass which is a 500ft strip. Not sure the times it turns now. If I remember right when I owned it a few years ago it would run about 5.3-5.4 at 93-95 mph. I'm going to do some more to it in the spring. I'd really like to get close to 5.1.

sre 09-20-2004 11:25 AM

Blackhawk,

I have put the Eliminator away and working full tilt on my new ice sled. 1160 Price Ski-Doo tripple. Shoud weigh about 425 lbs. and have about 265-270 Hp. We are hoping for times of 5.20's to 5.30's at 120-125 mph in the 1/8. Too bad we can't get anything short of a drag boat to accellerate like that!!!!
That looks like a PSI. How big?

Shane, congrats on the sled! Once I get the race sled done my Viper will be coming out to get a big-bore on it. Pray for snow!!!