Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who got Top Gun at LOTO? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86112-who-got-top-gun-loto.html)

Nauti Kitty 08-30-2004 03:36 PM

Re: Who got Top Gun at LOTO?

Official Top Gun at LOTO this weekend goes to Twin Step Gun for downing 5 live minnows in one shot (actually he forgot the shot and just drank the minnows) at the Troutly Poker Run to Big Dicks Friday.

BTW Nice head count Scott. :rolleyes: Did I mention I'll be there? NK

Dean Ferry 08-30-2004 04:08 PM

WHOA,
Does anybody have any video of that Callan Run?
Dean

JimV 08-30-2004 06:05 PM

The weather being so bad on Saturday made things busy on sunday. I floated in line for two hours to make my pass. No time left for two. They closed the course for new boats about 3:00. Some boats that were registered never made a pass.

Personally, I cant believe they would play politics with the radar guns. I'm sure those guys work there butt's off just to pull the event off. BTW my GPS showed 95mph, they gave me 93 which holds consistent with previous years. Had a great time overall!

Von Bongo 08-30-2004 06:19 PM

Some info. I don't know why Callens rudder broke but David Scott says the Bacardi rudder is made to shear at 229 MPH because he says a partial rudder is worse than no rudder.

As for the radar...You have to remember that 99% of the people that work this event are unpaid volunters as this event is a fund raiser for our local fire protection districts. They all work their tails off to make it a great event and it gets bigger every year. They had a record entries this year at 129. They have already started discussions as to starting earlier and how to better get boats on the course faster next year.

Please bear with them them as they continue to work it.

BigDaddy96 08-31-2004 01:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
speaking of TG at LOTO, here's TSG passing by on the way back from Big Dicks

Downtown42 08-31-2004 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Official Top Gun at LOTO this weekend goes to Twin Step Gun for downing 5 live minnows in one shot (actually he forgot the shot and just drank the minnows) at the Troutly Poker Run to Big Dicks Friday.

Is Brandon trying for a baby and building up his sperm count? :doggy: :eek: :chick:

Nauti Kitty 08-31-2004 08:39 AM

Troutly just kidding. We had a great time, thanks. Nice meeting you and the mssssss. NK

BLee 08-31-2004 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Is Brandon trying for a baby and building up his sperm count? :doggy: :eek: :chick:

:eek: :eek: :D :D

I had always heard the sushi at loto was exquisite! :fish: x's 5

BLee 08-31-2004 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy96
speaking of TG at LOTO, here's TSG passing by on the way back from Big Dicks

ahh what a great run! :cool:

Downtown42 08-31-2004 10:15 AM

Where were all the big OL boys this year? Russell or xxx?? Still licking their wounds or what?