Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   We lost a close friend this weekend. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86189-we-lost-close-friend-weekend.html)

buck183 08-30-2004 09:04 PM

We lost a close friend this weekend.

After a nice four day trip to LOTO this weekend for the Shootout it was all topped off by a bad turn of events. It's with great regret that I must inform everyone here on the board that the Mullet Wig is no more. It's all a blur to me right now. It happened so fast. We were on a recon mission through the gauntlet at Party Cove. Waterfoul, Cord, myself, and Cassandra were doing our part to make sure that EVERYONE in the cove was having a good time. We were turning around at the other end to make sure everything in the Gauntlet was as it should be and it happened....Cassandra leaned his head back, the water caught it and it was gone!!! I went in after it the second it happened. I even sacrificed a beer for her. :eek: But no luck, she was gone. I made several attempts at finding her but it wasn't meant to be. I can't count how many times I went under for more than ten minutes at a time to try and salvage the weekend. Sigh!

Memorial services will be held this Wednesday for all who want to attend.

Please feel free and send any PMs or emails to myself and crew to help with moral support right now. It's been tough on our end.

She went down doing what she loved best....making people happy.

At this point in time we haven't decided whether or not we intend to replace her or not. If so, it just wouldn't be the same.

If anyone has any pics they would like to post to this thread of the Mullet Wig just as a reminder to all of us feel free. This thread could be dedicated to her I guess.

Thanks in advance for all the prayers and support people.

:D :crazy: :)
Buck

Reed Jensen 08-30-2004 09:14 PM

Re: We lost a close friend this weekend.

Long live the "Number 7" haircut........... :D hahahahahahahah

Downtown42 08-30-2004 09:20 PM

Last year I lost my favorite Black Sabbath wool winter hat (didn't say Black Sabbath but was the Master of Reality colors-black and purple) that I've sported since 1974. I searched the water over and over with no luck. The only thing that made me feel better was when the wifey said some lucky muskie is stylin in the seas... :fish: :fish: :fish:

stecz20 08-30-2004 09:29 PM

i smell foul play, or he left it at the cross dresser of the month party... either way, i think we should have the authorities look into this..... stecz

mama tryed 08-31-2004 06:31 AM

Very sorry to hear about your Loss!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully your Blue Cross & Blue Shield Plan will compensate you for the Tragic incident!!!

With Fowl & Cord aboard,,, your probably lucky that was the only "situation" that occurred !!!! :) :) :)

Audiofn 08-31-2004 06:50 AM

Rip :d:d:d

GLH 08-31-2004 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
RIP in those smelly waters :( :( :(

BLee 08-31-2004 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NOOOO!!! We had a cousin of the famous rug with us. No comparison to the original though. :D :D

eyezlee 08-31-2004 10:11 AM

OMG! Dude, I hate that you lost the wig.

With Fowl & Cord aboard,,, your probably lucky that was the only "situation" that occurred !!!!
There wasn't a situation until the Okies showed up in PC on Saturday. :D:D:D

stecz20 08-31-2004 12:31 PM

im telling you guys, foul play... besides the water, something stinks..........