Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   An Ahole from S.Dakota in a 28' Nordic broadsided my buddies Formula at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86227-ahole-s-dakota-28-nordic-broadsided-my-buddies-formula-loto.html)

tanned fat looks better 08-31-2004 01:07 PM

An Ahole from S.Dakota in a 28' Nordic broadsided my buddies Formula at LOTO

Not anything against people from S. Dakota. When we were anchored at the shoot out some ashole hit there boat broad side. I saw them coming and yelled at Tara to move and screamed at the guy to hit reverse and he claimed he had the boat in nuetral but it was still moving., he hit the boat and did some gelcoat damage and broke the windshield on the starboard side. The boat kept moving and was under power and still was moving away. I kept telling this idiot to turn it off and he just looked dumb founded and didn't know what to do. I started saying (at a very high tone) "pull the key" "pull the key" and I think someone else on the boat finally did. The driver claimed he had an equipment malfunction. My guess is he didn't have a friggin clue as to what he was doing. Maybe he had never used zero effort controls or something. Atleast no one was hurt, but what a terrible place to try and navigate with thousands of boats moared and idling in a small area. The Lake Patrol took a report. I took the women back to the house in my boat and I don't know if A/Hole got a DUI or not. I got a feeling he frequents one of the boards.

Outlawcowgirl 08-31-2004 01:31 PM

Re: An Ahole from S.Dakota in a 28' Nordic broadsided my buddies Formula at LOTO

Bryan, I am so glad Pat and Tara are okay. I hate to hear that their boat was damaged though.

IceAngel 08-31-2004 01:36 PM

Re: An Ahole from S.Dakota in a 28' Nordic broadsided my buddies Formula at LOTO

Glad to hear everone was OK but you would think that people with boats would try to figure out how to run them properly especially if it is at a big thing like last weekend with a lot of boats. If he was drunk I hope they throw the book at him and if he was just stupid someone needs to take his boat away from him. It is amazing that you have to have a license to fish but any DumbA$$ can have a boat

FunHome 08-31-2004 01:45 PM

Brian, So what was the deal?? Was he an Ass Hole about the whole thing?? Did he try and run after?? Was he drunk??

tanned fat looks better 08-31-2004 02:51 PM

No he didn't try to run, prolly cause there was a cop about 50 yards away that we flagged down. Pat said he didn't even apologize. I bet someone on this board knows who it is. Oh pat had tried to call him and left him a message but he hadn't returned his call last I heard. We should be able to find out who it is as soon as the MWP updates their site.

Holy Smokes 08-31-2004 05:49 PM

Damn, That Sucks!! Just when I was about to buy Pat's 311. Maybe the asking price is closer to my range now!

Glad to hear that everyone's OK, though. Sounds like Pat was WAY more civil than I ever would have been. Maybe Pat should post this A-hole's number so we ALL could let him know what a chit-head he is.

BattleCry 09-01-2004 01:44 AM

You think that's bad, you should have seen the small cruiser that was playing bumper-boats at Shooter's saturday. After the rain had came, a small, had to be single engine, cruiser tried to pull-out or dock at Shooter's and the wind caught the boat. He ended-up hitting three boats and almost a fourth. I don't believe anyone was hurt.

Gordo 09-01-2004 09:05 PM

Saw Pat & Tara's boat last night. Nothing serious, but a new side window and frame and a few minor gel coat repairs. It can be fixed good as new but still going to cost some bucks. It sounds like the other guys insurance company is now balking at covering anything claiming "no fault" due to a mechanical failure. Problem is, regardless of why, their insured still ran into Pat & Tara who was anchored in a no wake zone along with thousands of other anchored boats.
My other problem with this "mechanical failure" is...
EVERYONE, (including his wife on the deck of his boat), was yelling at him to stop. So,
A. If he knew he was in trouble, Why didn't he turn off the key?
B. If he knew he was in trouble, Why didn't he simply turn the boat?
C. If he knew he was in trouble, Why didn't he sound his horn to warn of the impending collision?
D. I assume that since there was a mechanical failure the boat was towed. Where did it go, and who did the repair? Was this all documented by the MWP officer?
Just things that make you go Hhhmmmmmm... :rolleyes:

R Addiction 09-01-2004 09:12 PM

You gotta love this type of crap!! :mad:

Steve_H 09-01-2004 09:51 PM

he should pay for the repairs out of his own pocket then :hothead:
acountability!!!!!!