Notices

Latest Hurricane?

Old 09-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Latest Hurricane?

If any of those hot Miami supermodel types need food and shelter I will ablidge. (Note: Please bring your own food).

I am getting in touch with my inner humanitarian!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father and borther are getting ready to hunker down in the garage at my father's place. The house is in Boca Raton east of I-95 (no windows and doors braced). Hopefully they will be okay - decided the traffic was too much to deal with.

When my father bought the house 2 years ago I got him a heavy duty commercial generator - he told me I was wasting my money. The garage is a 3 car and has A/C. They have a lot of food, lounge chairs, a portable TV and radio. They keep telling me "don't worry about it".

I worry about them, and I'm booked on a flight down on Sunday morning - fat chance of that flight leaving on time.

Hopefully this storm will move north and "land" in an area that is not too populated so the danger to people is lessened. My best wishes and thoughts go out to everyone who has family/friends and property in the path of this monster.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:30 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kitten
You would be surprised at how much water weighs, it can really help. Eighteen boats on trailers and none lost yet, fyi. lol
Honestly thought you meant to add water to bilge while still in the water, not on trailer!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Joker, let me know where to go. I'll have to wait till they open the bridges to the beach, but I'm just a couple minutes from the Port Orange bridge. I'll be glad to check it out. Email me at [email protected] or call: HOME-386-788-4378 or CELL-386-295-2132 See-ya, Randy-aka-WILDMAN
Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Registered

Brian,
I may be staying very close to my house. I will take a look for you when everything passes. I think you guys are just accross the river from me.

Brett
Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
Honestly thought you meant to add water to bilge while still in the water, not on trailer!
The Gladiator is on a trailer, it is a race boat!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Re: Latest Hurricane?

Brett / Randy:

Thanks so much guy's. Our places are @ The Towers in Ponce and Harbour Village in Ponce. It really helps knowing that you guy's are close and can possibly go by after this thing passes. Take care down there and don't hesitate to call me if you need me - 770-540-3772 cell / 770-536-9841 office - Brian Hollis
Old 09-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered

House is boarded up, all loose items secured in garage, Got a fridge full of beer, and a freezer full of beef(set on coldest settings), and a full propane tank. I have been filling bags with ice for 2 days, and have 5 coolers lined up in the garage to keep it all for a few days once the power goes out. JayL13 got evacuated from his apartment at Boynton Inlet, so he is here(napping, I musta worked him too hard putting up the shutters today), along with his dog and cat(wife is in PA). Boat is along side the house, I have the trailer secured with cinder blocks under the tongue, and infront, and behind each wheel, it will get tarped, and roped tomorrow. Moved jays Baja indoors at the old Sonic Factory(Doller Marine, thanks Art, and Mindi). We are going to try to rough it out here, hopefully this matchbox stays together!!

Good Luck to Everyone!!! and if anyone needs to go West, call me, we'll make room 954-254-0414

Rick
Old 09-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kitten
You better make sure YOU are still around! Fill the bilge with H20 to weight the boat DOWN!!
Oh yeah, Boat has a full tank of gas(til it was spilling out the vent), and I will be plugging, and watering the bilge tomorrow morning.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:53 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
it will get tarped, and roped tomorrow. Rick

Won't the tarp become a parachute?

Quick Reply: Latest Hurricane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.