Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latest Hurricane? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86230-latest-hurricane.html)

cbdragon 09-02-2004 09:28 AM

Re: Latest Hurricane?

It's going to be like the Wizard of Frances. cb

SpeedGirl 09-02-2004 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by DJD
yeah, tell me about it. My place is 50 yds from the ocean, right on the St. Lucie inlet.

Dave you ready to do some heavy drinking in Center Island!!!!

THEJOKER 09-02-2004 09:34 AM

WILDMAN:

I may need you to go check on some things after the storm. We're planning on coming down after the thing goes through. BH

cuda 09-02-2004 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
WILDMAN:

I may need you to go check on some things after the storm. We're planning on coming down after the thing goes through. BH

Joker, I'm only 20 miles from Daytona if you need something checked after the storm. It looks now like we won't be hit hard, but who knows?

DJD 09-02-2004 10:38 AM

Rick
I truly thank you for your kind offer. Our neighbor was just there & took out a few things that can't be replaced. Were not worried about the rest. The hurricane shutters are on & there is nothing else to do so we'll see where the storm goes.
I plan on flying down asap after the storm depending on how bad things are. Again, thanks!

Speedgirl!
Yes, drinking is defenately on the agenda out at Center Is.
I will jump on the zodiac & find you guys for a few.
We will be there around 1pm Saturday.

Ms PatriYacht 09-02-2004 11:08 AM

we just heard on the weather channel a mandatory evacuation for Miami, man
that is a lot of people to move, where will everyone go?? Stay safe you guys we are praying for you. Donna and Ian

Roger 1 09-02-2004 11:13 AM

Donna;
Was that for Miami or just Miami Beach?

IceAngel 09-02-2004 11:14 AM

GUYS AND GIRLS PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Hey not to divert from the east coasters problems because my heart and prayers are with all of you, but can someone let me know what they are saying about the west coast (Ft. Myers area) since it looks like it could hammer the entire south of FL. I have family down there and I was just wondering because I can't seem to catch anything about it on the news

Ms PatriYacht 09-02-2004 11:17 AM

Ian who is watching the TV, said they said a million people had to be evacuated. But I was just talking to someone in Boca Raton and she said the beach areas, so I am not really 100% sure.

kitten 09-02-2004 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
That is all based upon the idea that the boat is still around!!!!

You better make sure YOU are still around! Fill the bilge with H20 to weight the boat DOWN!! :rolleyes: