Lake Travis Labor Day weekend >

Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

Notices

Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

Old 09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

I saw that Top Gun on Saturday. It is 38-feet with twin 1000's.

Very nice!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Registered

No, the blue one is owned by a guy named Scott, met him last Saturday and that blue 28SS is wayyyy cool with 502's and Bravo's. Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails Lake Travis Labor Day weekend-cigstarboard.jpg  
Old 09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can You Tell Me What Part Of Lake Travis Is Best For Boating.i Am In Louisiana And I Have Heard Alot About The Area. I Am Trying To Plan A Last Minute Trip For Labor Day Weekend But I Don't Know Where To Go ,stay, Ect. Please Help

Thanks !
Old 09-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Registered

You will want to launch at the Mansfield Dam. You should be able to find lodging along 620. Here's a quick map.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

bford,

that's the Gun I bought. Staggered twin 1000hp Tyler Crocketts with No. 5 drives.

Clay,

that was me, I spent all day running Lake Travis. Devil's Cove was way sweet. Stopped at Carlos & Charlies, had lunch at Shades, pulled the boat out at Mansfield Damn ramp. The boat was kept on a lift at Emerald Point Marina. What a great place to boat. Towed it to Miami, only to face a hurricane threat
Old 09-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

actually, we ran the whole course of the lake in that map....one end to the other, couple of times..
Old 09-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Clay!
I Am Looking For A Nice Place To Stay Any Suggestions.maby We Will See You On The Water This Weekend.are There Any Areas I Should Stay Away From"low Water". I Dont Know The Area ,first Time There I May Need A Few Pointers. I Am In A 36 Spectre With Twin 900's .again Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

Due to all the rain we've had the lake if very full. Hazards are minimal. Although there can be rocks near bluffs most are pretty deep right now. Upstream, stay on the bluff side of the lake and avoid the beach side although as full as the lake is, even the beach side is safe. Use common sense. Channel is marked (sorta) by red and green bouys in a "connect the dots" fashion, there's no "red on the right when returning from sea" convention and the bouys have flashing lights at night. Other hazards are typically marked with bouys.

The biggest hazard on Lake Travis is other boaters and watercraft with no clue of the rules of the road. Do not assume that you have the right of way when facing another vessels starboard bow - they may not know to yield while flipping you off.

Lake Travis is especially hazardous at night with varying lights on shore contrasting with and confusing nav lights on vessels. Combined with lake T being a "party lake", unlit and upredictable boaters are common at night.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Registered

Hey donz. I was the guy in the red truck at the ramp that let you go in front of me. I have that solid red bowrider. You have an awesome boat.

Good luck in FLA.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Registered

hangem, The only hotel "on the water" is the Lakeway Inn. I would call them first. There is a little Bed & Breakfast called the Robin's Nest. I have never stayed there, but it is also near the water.

As soon as I win the Texas Lottery, I'm gonna build a huge lakeside lodge that doubles as a bed and breakfast for all my OSO buddies!

See y'all on Saturday!

Quick Reply: Lake Travis Labor Day weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.