Notices

hi im new and need to find out info on a 1987 chris craft stinger

Old 10-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: hi im new and need to find out info on a 1987 chris craft stinger

Originally Posted by Airpacker

As for a 21 stinger with a turboed BBC, I wouuld think that should break the boat
not sure what kind of power he's looking at stuffing in it...but i know a guy who had a 650hp blower motor in a 222 stinger.......had it up to 81 on GPS and said it had plenty more to go!!!.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 87 26 foot stinger.

Is this an OMC?
Old 10-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: hi im new and need to find out info on a 1987 chris craft stinger

In the 80's Chris Craft owned OMC. Thats when the cobra drive came out. since it has gone under and been brought back from the dead. Now they make only top end boats for the rich, there awsome but the 21ft lauch cost about 50 grand. alot for a little bow rider.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:36 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

unles syou can pick itup cheap stay away from a runnign "project". EItehr start with a bare hull you pick it for poacket change or be ready to spend spend spend.

i know my scarab had a 7.4 and an alpah when i bough it. COuntles shours and many greenback slater its gottena new interioir, controls, gi=auges wiring engien drive ect. I will NEVER get the $ i put into it back out of it when i sell.

It is however for sale (ata big loss to me). 87 26' scarab 550hp 454 witah 174 blower, headers. 15 hours on engine. i'd let it go pretty cheap as i used it 3 times this summer. JUst no more time for baoting.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered

I am about to purchase the exact boat in the photo Stinger 22 with 250 outboard,
looking for feedback good or bad.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by v hull newb
i need to find out all the info i can on a 1987 chris craft stinger the 21 foot one the one im looking at getting has a 4.3 in it but i would like to swap it out with a turboed 454 let me know what you know thanks for the help
You sure you want a turbo motor in a boat??
Old 12-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

In 1987 Murray Chris*Craft built a 202 Stinger with center steering and V-6 power Merc or OMC sterndrive. They also built a 222 Stinger with 350 or 454 power this boat also has center steering. I would not recommend the 202 too little power and no seating room. The 222 is great little performance boat that run's about 70 with the big block and has a small very unusable side entry cabin. Unusual Center steering with a stand up bolster and fast (for the time) makes this a nice little rocket to play with.
Competing boats of this Era are:
22 Donzi w/no cabin fastest of the group still built today
22 Sea Ray Pachanga really nice cabin cockpit and speed
21 Wellcraft Scarab I nice overall but slowest of the group
Blow off the 202 and engine swap, your money is better spent elsewhere. The only 21 Chris built (not including fish boats) was called a Scorpion had a 21 degree dead rise hits 54mph with a 260hp 350 block a jockey and 2 quarts of gas. Built in bowrider or closed bow.
Don't waste your time and money on the 202 or the engine swap.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a 222 stinger for sale. It has a 350 small block and an alpha. It's in good mechanical condition but could use some cosmetic attention. Runs about 60 MPH. PM me if anyone is interested...

-Lance
Attached Thumbnails hi im new and need to find out info on a 1987 chris craft stinger-stinger-1.bmp  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Registered

So, I am helping a buddy repair/restore his sunk 202 Stinger. I'll admit that I am new to speedy cigarette v-hulls, I've been busy playing with tournement tow boats, but I rather like this little speedster. 55ish mph, sips the fuel, takes the moderate waves of the Puget Sound with know issue, and I think it has a nice ride in the chop (go easy on me, I am used to flat bottom rides). Granted I have to help it pull me up on my slalom ski, but it gets it done. Now that we are joining forces to rebuild her, I find myself thinking about the practicle elements of a 20 foot three seater. I would like to haul my family around. So I noticed the picture of the 222 Stinger outfitted with the 250 hp outboard. Someone else wrote to advise a potential buyer of a stinger to "glass the hole, and bolt on a bracket" for an 200 hp outboard. Well, I am considering doing just that. The 202 is a nice, speedy hull, with zero utility. Relacing the 175 hp V6 sternwheeler with a 200 hp outboard would save a little weight I expect, as well as add 25 hp. That should help offset the additional weight of extra seating and a few more people don't you think? Has anybody tried this with a 202? I noticed another picture of a 202 with the helm relocated to the starboard side. That was a very good idea, one wich I may incorporate along with a wrap around "club" style bench seating. The 202 Stinger has a great look, a look that I would hate to lose, but I think/hope I could add additional utility and usefullness to this boat without negatively affecting it's appearance too badly. Let me here your thoughts...
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered

Sternwheeler?
As in Tom Sawyer?

Quick Reply: hi im new and need to find out info on a 1987 chris craft stinger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.