If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Speakers

Gold Member Gold Member thedonz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one real fun Avance....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
    Vice City & Tavernier, FL

Re: Boat Speakers

thanks, but I need 5.25....first dibbs are waived

My Boats:
    Hustler 388

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz

I need to fit them in the existing holes, I believe they are you have a deal on the Pioneers? Are they worthy?

I have not heard anything about the 8 inch ,they just came out ,My distributor doesent even have them yet. The 6 1/2 2 way are suppose to be a decent speaker for the money.I dont think they will fit the 5 1/4 hole . They do make adaptors but you probably would want to cut it larger if ya got the room .

If got room for the Babbs there about the same price as the 8 inch Pioneers.The hole for the Babb 10 inch is a lot smaller than a 10 inch but still has a 10 cone surface area.

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs

My Boats:
    Formula 271 sr1 1993
    Arendal Norway

Stay away from infinity 6x9 marine speakers.

They do not like water at all. So marine speakers are they not!

I had 3 pairs in my boat last summer. They all start to make a ugly sound due to the glue that hold the basselement dissolve when the element gets wet.

I have got new from the store I bougth them from every time. But it is very irritating.

My Boats:
    '85 Excalibur 27' Speedster
    Cedar Creek Lake, Texas

The Babb are good speakers,but they take some decent power to get good sound out of them. If your not going to use an amp, I would use something else. Depending on what you want to spend... Bazooka makes marine speakers... I have had good luck with them. They are mid range priced.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1

Give me a holler on the 6.5 MBQ's.
    I bought some Boss speakers cause they were cheap and I'm not all that impressed with em.
    Been considering the MBQ's. Shoot me a price if they're not already spoken for (which ones are they? the NKA116?)
    I see London, I see France...

My Boats:
    1979 32' Excalibur, 1988 38' Scarab KV
    toledo oh

I just installed 4 JL AUDIO 6x9 3-way speakers in my dads sea ray coustic 240 and a pioneer premier deh-900p ?head unit (I think thats the model number) those speakers kick azz. speakers and amp were about $500 very loud and still some good bass. we were at put in bay and a guy in a newer sea ray was mad at us because we were drowning out his BOSE system.

Doller Offshore

audiobahn builds some great marine speakers(great warranty,water proof,great sound) different sizes,woofers etc.---give a call 800-376-1616 or 954-237-0332 art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12