Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bimini tops for performance boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86306-bimini-tops-performance-boats.html)

jcimprover 09-01-2004 01:08 PM

Bimini tops for performance boats

Has anyone seen one that looks right? I have a 2002 275 Baja and want to get a top for it but I can't get past the looks on what I've seen so far. I have a one year old daughter and would like the option of getting out of the sun and or rain. Everything I've seen so far I just assume get burnt or wet.
Please post any pics of tops on performance boats so I can get some ideas.
thanks
jc
[email protected]

cbdragon 09-01-2004 01:24 PM

Re: Bimini tops for performance boats

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a TOP.

Pantera1 09-01-2004 01:45 PM

That top on the dragon looks cool but what purpose does it serve other than the obvious crash protection ..Can it be removed easily .. Now that would be sweet..A hard top you could pop off and store under the hatch or something ..We get some nast weather in the spring and fall up here,,

Canada Jeff 09-01-2004 01:51 PM

Best to go custom. I had mine custom and love it. Fits under the hatch like I wanted too!

I'd post a picture, but its to big for this site :(

jcimprover 09-01-2004 02:01 PM

Canada Jeff, Could you e-mail it to me?
[email protected]
also What did it run you?
thanks
jc

OldSchool 09-01-2004 02:20 PM

You might want to ask Cuda....He loves those things (Bimini Tops) :D :D :D

45sonic 09-01-2004 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We had one custom done for the Fountain. Only had it up a few times (for cold or rain) but don't have any pictures of it up...only folded back (see picture). We just took it off because we are going to do a lot of running in Sept. But we can use the boat until Thanksgiving if we want. :D

pullmytrigger 09-01-2004 02:53 PM

My cottage is at 29 Fever Lane :eek: .......custom made.......sleeps 5 easily.....2 in the cabin, one on the rear bench, 2 on a queen size inflate a bed over the sunpad......the main part of the bimini folds back over the sunpad while underway, much more stable than in the upright position......will set up in about 10min.......the tint is a must...........doug

KNOT-RIGHT 09-01-2004 06:56 PM

I hate to admit I have one on my Hustler with full enclosure its nice to
have on a 90 degree 100 % humidity day. It came with the boat when I bought it. I must say I feel like other go fasters want to give me a beating. when its up :D

mopower 09-01-2004 08:02 PM

I have a full enclosure on my 272 Formula along with "air" :cool: but no picture available at the moment.

:D :D :D My god...cuda must be clutching his chest and gasping for air by now :eek: