Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going to Lake George NY next week .. What to do ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86464-going-lake-george-ny-next-week-what-do.html)

boot 09-04-2004 02:50 PM

Going to Lake George NY next week .. What to do ?

Sandy and I are going for a mini vacation . thursday to saturday. Most of our time is taken, but what are some good things to see and do ?

We are thinking of renting ( :rolleyes: ) a 20' boat (biggest we can find)for a couple hours from "werners " ,snug harbor south in silver bay ... What are the hot spots to eat on the water with a good view of the lake ? Nothing real fancy ,just a good fun place .

We are staying in Boltons landing . Any tips on things to do or see would be great ! It's are first time there .

Thanks ,Joe & Sandy

PS. How bad is a 20' boat going to be on that lake ??? We will be out there thurday afternoon .

otis311 09-05-2004 11:19 AM

Re: Going to Lake George NY next week .. What to do ?

Joe, You picked the best weekend of the year to be at the Lake if you are into classic cars. There is a HUGE car show that weekend in the Village of Lake George. I live in Bolton Landing directly across the street from the Algonquin restaurant and Chics Marine (which rents boats) The party will be at the Village docks that weekend, but you should definently rent a boat and take in some of the sites of this beautiful Lake. Call us when you get into town and I will gladly show you around. I work Monday and Friday (24 hour shift) of this week and am free the rest of the time.

Bob Scanlon

518 361-0811
518 644-9115

boot 09-07-2004 05:15 PM

Thanks Bob !
I've been hearing a lot about this car show !
Whats the weather going to be ? Warm enough to boat ? We will not have much spare time . Sandy likes to have a list of " to do" things so we make the best of it . I'll have your number with me incase we get bored or lost ! :D Hopefully we'll get a boat rented for thursday afternoon. Joe

toolman 09-07-2004 07:54 PM

Joe,

Too bad your cat isn't running (or is it?) That would be the fastest boat on that lake.
(Still waiting for my ride) :rolleyes:

Have fun up there. Go parasailing on the double person parasail with Sandy. (I did the single, it was a blast!) Great view of the lake from up there. I think it takes off near the Sagamore Hotel.

Dave (ex-toolman) :D

boot 09-07-2004 08:36 PM

Hey Dave ,
WHat are you up to these days ? :D

yesrej 09-07-2004 10:03 PM

go on the mini haha

boot 09-08-2004 09:57 AM

Whats a mini haha ?

yesrej 09-08-2004 01:24 PM

i said the same thing. i was in lake george 2 weeks ago and it was my first time being there. i went with some friends who go all the time and all they talked about is taking me on the mini haha. all it is, is a big boat that gives you a tour of lake george. it is something you should do. you get to see all the huge houses on the water and its one way and the cheapest way to get out on a boat.

toolman 09-08-2004 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by boot
Hey Dave ,
WHat are you up to these days ? :D

Joe,

Driving a meat wagon :D
(distributor of Dietz & Watson fine deli products)

boot 09-08-2004 09:53 PM

YESREJ, thanks for the info on the mini haha ! It didn't sound like it was a very manly thing too do at first ! :D

toolman, or is it meat man ?! :p When you gonna stop by with some free samples ? :D

Well , I'm off to the lake ,bright and early tomorrow . Hope it doesnt rain too much ...... Joe