Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!! >

Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Notices

Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Old 09-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Originally Posted by open72
is there a story behind the name of the lake" TENKILLER "
Man you are good, you never miss a thing, TenKiller
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WTF?!
Glad no one was hurt. What a jackazz...hope he finds time to think about his stupid stunt in jail!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a jerk !!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dblvanos
He is lucky he didn't get shot back at, especially with troopers around. I always carry, even when boating, this nut-job needs to be put away for a long time. People like him are what makes reasonable gun owners look bad. Thanks to him some nanny political group just got their fodder to make legal gun owner more constricted.
Are you sure you mean to say this? The reason that I ask, is that all of the responsible concealed carry people that I know always consider themselves lucky that they DON'T have to draw. I wouldn't have drawn on the guy. He didn't shoot anyone. I wouldn't draw on somebody unless I am prepared to have my life ruined as well as his/her. This is a great reason not to drink and "pack." The solution to brandishing is not brandishing back, as the troopers obviously knew.

You don't usually hear "he's lucky he didn't get shot back at" from prudent armed people. That is what makes reasonable gun owners look bad.

The guy on the houseboat made UNREASONABLE gun owners look bad, not us.

I suspect that the true culprit in this cove was wobbly pops. Boat more. Drink less. Leave the gun in a locked safe. Problem solved.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Are you sure you mean to say this? The reason that I ask, is that all of the responsible concealed carry people that I know always consider themselves lucky that they DON'T have to draw. I wouldn't have drawn on the guy. He didn't shoot anyone. I wouldn't draw on somebody unless I am prepared to have my life ruined as well as his/her. This is a great reason not to drink and "pack." The solution to brandishing is not brandishing back, as the troopers obviously knew.

You don't usually hear "he's lucky he didn't get shot back at" from prudent armed people. That is what makes reasonable gun owners look bad.

The guy on the houseboat made UNREASONABLE gun owners look bad, not us.

I suspect that the true culprit in this cove was wobbly pops. Boat more. Drink less. Leave the gun in a locked safe. Problem solved.
I meant to say he didn't get shot back by the trooper on board. He is lucky the gun did not fire, if the gun fires and he is putting lives in danger then I would feel any concealed carrier would make an action to eliminate the threat. My statement about carrying myself is meant more to illustrate how crazy the world can be. I understand the purpose of a concealed weapons license, I understand my limitations. But if someone is pointing a gun around in your direction acting like they are going to shoot you, and you have no reasonable escape, then Darwin's theories are going to come into play. I know that If I am ever unfortunate enough to be in that situation that I am going to be spending tens of thousands in legal fees. I fully understand that the persons family will come forward with a civil suit trying to say what a great person he was. When I carry I also have two less than lethal options, pepper spray and a spyderco. I can honestly say that I would never consider using the knife, too close for comfort, but it is there. Pepper spray is great, small, light, you can take it places guns are not allowed, and it will thwart off animals.

I agree 100% alcohol and firearms don't mix! I never drink when carrying, not a drop! I I hardly drink in general, usually because I am carrying or I am the driver, and even when I do drink, never enough to become intoxicated.

I don't think my comments make gun owners look bad, I still feel this azzhole makes gun owners look bad. He is a criminal, beyond brandishing a weapon he had intentions of using it in a criminal manner.

Last edited by Dblvanos; 09-07-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone pulls a gun at me, with the intent to shoot, and im carrying, you can bet your a$$ im shooting before he shoots me. Ill face the legal issues 2nd to loosing my life. This guy pulled the trigger. what would have happened if it went off and killed someone.

I will never pull, unless i am prepared to use it. and i guarantee if someone pulls a loaded gun on me with intent, im pulling to protect myself.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

things should not have gotten that far to have a guy pull a gun...if he is that big of a jacka$$, move on and let him be? ~~ call the patrol and let them handle it.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Dblvanos...

Glad that you weren't offended. I think that I get where you are coming from now that I read your second post. I think your first post was easily misinterpreted.

I still don't see how a situation with 100 boats rafted has a shooting solution. There's just too big of a jump from 1 jackoff brandishing at a crowd to a one on one situation where someone has been assaulted and is personally threatened.

The troopers did the right thing, not surprisingly.

That must be one pirate infested lake for people to need shotguns, if you call a peanut gun like a .410 a shotgun. We use those for ground hogs.

Question: The story says that the guy put a flare in a .410 and tried to fire it. I have never seen a .410 ga flare. Must be quick burning? Is there really such a thing as a .410 flare? Mine are all 12 ga.

Maybe I wouldn't have drawn on the guy, but when his peanut gun didn't fire I would have shoved it up his....
Old 09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
but when his peanut gun didn't fire I would have shoved it up his....
Old 09-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered

Unreal...glad it ended as well as it did.

Quick Reply: Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.