Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Theft of #6 drives durring the Hurricane!!!(National Marine FL) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86577-theft-6-drives-durring-hurricane-national-marine-fl.html)

Tim G. 09-07-2004 12:53 PM

Theft of #6 drives durring the Hurricane!!!(National Marine FL)

Nice...
Thieves made off with a set of three #6 drives off of a brokerage 47' Outerlimits. They came in durring the hurricane, when the 24 hour security was hunkered down elsewhere.
Triple #6s. two have full skegs, the center is missing the skeg. The two with skegs had them repaired (easy to spot).
As I said before... this is a brokerage boat, not property of National Marine...
I know some of you were thinking that NM got what was coming to them with the drive theft....but this boat is not owned by NM...!!! So, if someone stole these drives out of "revenge".. you've hurt another person, not NM.
Please look for these drives... not for NM, for the boat owner!!!

There will be a lot happening with NM here shortly. I'll keep you all up to speed on what I know.

And for the record- Let it be known that 99% of the NM employees had no idea what was going on....no Idea! There are a lot of good people, myself included, out of work because of NM... In fact, one reason I took the job at NM was becaues several OSO people told me about their good experiences with NM... Now look where I am... :(
If there is anything I can do, let me know... I've already helped several of you, and I'll keep working with you if I can help...
my personal email is [email protected]

Oh yeah, and I need to sell my own boat... No income makes it tough to keep a boat... :eek: It's in the classifieds (28 Pantera twin)

Tim Gallagher

Audiofn 09-07-2004 01:08 PM

Re: Theft of #6 drives durring the Hurricane!!!(National Marine FL)

Man that just sucks, when it rains it pours (literaly in this case). It is like the worm hole in the Matrix, just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Ya know the first thing I thought was serves ya right NM, then I came to my censes and remembered that NO ONE deserves to have stuff stolen no matter who they are. Good luck in finding them.

TTT

Jon

Jamie B. 09-07-2004 03:00 PM

Unbelieveable.

Question ?

Not sure why I understand why the owner of the OL wouldnt have pulled it out of NM beforehand for the sheer fact of the legal issues at hand ?? ( brokerage boats cant be locked down in the legal stuff, they dont belong to NM, right ? ) AND the fact that a hurricane was coming ! . . . think about it . . . NM is getting back publicity, no one is buying boats from them right now, right ? So, why would an owner of a what, 300G+(?) 47 OL leave it there with them when its not going to get any sell action ?

Not insinuating anything here, just seems like a very dumb move ( or non move ) on the OL owners part . .

fund razor 09-07-2004 03:21 PM

Wow, imagine the odds that random looters happened to arrive there after the 24 hour security left. And what are the chances that these looters had the tools, the knowhow, the vehicle, and most importantly the MARKET for 3 number six drives.

Instead of exploiting a broken electronics store window for stuff they could sell anywhere....

They ain't going to the pawnshop. And these weren't looters.

Now check out motive....
You have an inside job my friend.

When they are caught, they'll look familiar.

open87 09-07-2004 03:56 PM

the jippin' skank :confused: :D:D

Sydwayz 09-07-2004 03:58 PM

Troutly, yes, that is the boat. I saw it there last week. Too bad about the drives.

clearcut3 09-07-2004 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
So, is that the infamous OL that has been posted about here before....owned (or use to be owned) by someone with the initials J S? ;)

There couldn't be another with a middle skeg missing and the others repaired :D

I hate this for the new owner. I hope the find the thieves and lock them up :hothead:

castaway 09-07-2004 05:23 PM

sounds like an inside job to me....

CAP071 09-07-2004 06:02 PM

WoW what a shock :rolleyes:

thedonz 09-07-2004 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by castaway
sounds like an inside job to me....

same here but i'll tell yall one think Tim. G is a good guy

donz jr mike