Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat races at Blarney Island tonight - anyone going? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86703-boat-races-blarney-island-tonight-anyone-going.html)

yss 09-10-2004 12:08 AM

Re: Boat races at Blarney Island tonight - anyone going?

I'll take pics nxt week.

glassdave 09-10-2004 06:46 AM

Mark- I will buz ya this afternoon. with a shallow lake like that it sounds like the perfect place for a cat with surface drives. im pretty sure you would be the only OceanX there :D

RonP- you got yourself a deal. i'll grab a batboat from chris just for fun :D see ya in KeyWest (if theres anything left after this weekend). Do you plan on doing any diving?

Zanie 09-10-2004 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
here ya go :cool: Blarney Island
in the photos section under "July 4th" pics,#5 is an ariel pics of it. pretty cool. i definetly gotta go up there next summer. uhh . . .maybe the "Pimps an Ho's" weekend :D :D

Gotta love the color of the water in that ariel shot! :fish:

Ron P 09-10-2004 08:55 AM

I could be talked into bring my dive gear to KW. Seems like Tues, Thurs or Fri might work.

Wally 09-10-2004 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Zanie
Gotta love the color of the water in that ariel shot! :fish:

That and the fact you can walk to your boat by way of the docks.....or if you fall in..by water since its only chest deep!!!

We once broke a jetski smack dab in the middle of grass lake......we stood in barely waist deep water for almost 45min fixing the thing....when we were done we were about arm-pit deep in water since we sank in the muck! yuck! :(

Rocco 09-10-2004 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by stevequick
Ron,
It's actually pretty amazing. Thousands of people gather on this small (mostly man made) island, to watch Drag boats. It happens all summer long. The competition is exciting to watch. To my knowledge it's the only place that a permanent boat race takes place. SQ

Ron P,

I met Steve Quick at the 1998 World's in KW. I read a bunch of articles in Hot Boat about Blarney Island. He invited me to attend the next time I was in Chicago. It was awesome!!!! you can not beleive the quality of equipment that shows up. It is grass roots put the level of competition unbelievable !!! The bulk of the competition is mostly outboards which are built by 3 of the top buiders/marinas on the lake. Baker,Gohr and Rich from Tradewinds. I highly recomend a visit If you are in the area. It's every thur. throughout the summer. Beer,Babes and Boats how can you beat that !! Most of the racers are on the Scream and Fly web site.

stevequick 09-10-2004 03:10 PM

Yea Ron,
You should bring your camera. There are some Extreme Boats in the Heartland. Let them know when you are coming. The heavy equipment will be on display. SQ

Cord 09-10-2004 08:10 PM

Anybody want to comment on the bras? :D

yss 09-10-2004 09:32 PM

I'll take pictures of the 1000's of bras and panties (taken off right there in front of a large crowd usually) stapled to the celling of the inside bar. Don't forget the annual Ms. Chain of Lakes Bikini Contest. Nuts!