Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I Recommend Teague Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86748-i-recommend-teague-marine.html)

born2burn 09-10-2004 01:02 AM

I Recommend Teague Marine

A few weeks back I ordered a prop from Teague as they are somewhat close and they have a great buy on the Bravo 1 props. Unfortunately it showed up damaged due to poor packaging from Mercruiser themselves. Unfortunately I assumed the packaging was done by Teague but it had been shipped directly from Mercruiser themselves. I phoned Teague and they agreed to replace it anyway. However, the second prop showed up damaged as well due to improper packaging again from Mercruiser. I again sent the prop back and requested a 28 rather than a 30 and my request was honored. Except when the next prop showed it was a 30 instead of the 28 as the paper work apparently went through as a replacement for a 30 rather than a 28. I then got upset and posted a thread on this website that I was not impressed with Teague Marine at that point in time. The "Legend" Bob Teague himself called and wished to talk and explain the situation to me about Mercruisers poor packaging and that he agreed that I should receive an undamaged prop at no extra charge and the proper pitch as well at no extra charge. The 30 was sent instead of the 28 the last time because I called back about 5 minutes after the last time I talked to Dino about the 2nd damaged prop and asked if it would be possible to receive a 28 instead of the 30. Somehow the paper work went through as the 30 instead of the 28 and was the reason the 30 showed. Bob also said at this point in time there was only 10 available in the country, however, he was able to locate one and have it drop shipped to my house with a call tag to pick up the 30 pitch on his dime. He also apologized for all the hassle and offered me a catalog, hat, stickers "and" a shirt for my troubles. Bottom line is that Bob Teague is a class act and we both agreed that mistakes happen but he wanted to make everything right with me and I greatly appreciate that from Bob. Maybe I should of been a little more patient in getting to actually talk to Bob before posting an unpleasant thread and for that I apologize. Another comment that sticks with me is that he said "there are no little guys" as a response to my comment to him that my order was a small one but nevertheless and order.......I also appreciate to know that we are not rated or treated differently in Bob's mind of how much money we spend on each order. Bob is trying to provide quality parts and service at competitive prices and for that I will do business with Teague Marine in the future and will recommend them as well. Thanks again Bob for all your extra efforts !

HiPerf2000 09-10-2004 01:15 AM

Re: I Recommend Teague Marine

Mistakes happen in all business practices. It's a fact of life. The good business people will strive to take care of the situation, while the bad will do nothing.

Glad you had your situation resolved :o

bpine 09-10-2004 06:16 AM

Born2burn, it’s great to hear everything worked out! It has never been a doubt that Bob Teague is an Honorable and Great Person, and given the chance, without exception will make it right, regardless of cost! I will keep my opinion of Dino to myself! I hope Bob has a long and hard talk with him!

Respectfully

Bryan

born2burn 09-10-2004 08:40 AM

Bpine-
Thanks for your help ! I totally agree with your post as well.

Ms PatriYacht 09-10-2004 08:48 AM

I am glad you got it all straightened out and that Bob came through for you. However I wonder if there was no OSO or if you had never posted your first thread what would have happened. You say your just a little guy, but with the power of the Internet and thousands of OSO members I think us little guys now carry some big sticks.

fund razor 09-10-2004 08:49 AM

Sounds like you are both honorable to me.

aero-offshore 09-10-2004 09:01 AM

Sounds like UPS was the culprit AGAIN, reminds me about the Christmas fiasco a couple of years ago when cameras caught those guys playing basketball with packages going on a plane, or were they making sure there was no explosives in there. :rolleyes:

Phantom1 09-10-2004 09:34 AM

I'm sorry, but trying to save his ass after the facts are posted on a website does not make him "honorable". He should have done it to start with, not after reading the "bad press" he was getting here. :mad:

Cord 09-10-2004 09:47 AM

Well, I think that it was pretty cool of him to call you up and straighten things out. I also like the fact that you posted this closure thread. Be sure to post the same on your other threads.

Indy 09-10-2004 10:08 AM

I figured once Bob got involved, all would be well. You just don't build a successful company based on poor service. One thing still puzzles me, why did his representative Dino react that way he did to your issues?