Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   100% trouble free season!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86751-100%25-trouble-free-season.html)

glassdave 09-10-2004 12:08 PM

Re: 100% trouble free season!!!

Originally Posted by fund razor
Hey Dave...

Clamdiggers this afternoon?

Oh, and my season s#cked. (Gotta stay on topic)

hmmm . . .clamdiggers huh . . hmm. . . .i will probably hit the water alittle after 4:00. what time ya thinkin?

oops sorry Kurt, didnt meen to hijack your thread. . . . .Konrad rules!!!!. . . . there back on track :D

fund razor 09-10-2004 12:17 PM

Konrad rules!

(I'm leaving work in a few minutes. The lake is like glass...dave.)
Call my cell if ya want. I'm thinking this may be one of the last trips if the NE winds keep up.)

Konrad rules.

fund razor 09-10-2004 12:19 PM

Cell won't be on for about 30 minutes, I'm still in the hospital.

Konrad is awesome. Congrats Kurt.

OldSchool 09-10-2004 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
You just S*UK!! (and I mean that in the kindest way! :rolleyes: )

Let's see....last weekend alone we broke an alternator belt and the impeller on the starboard engine and all three brand new distributor coils got wet....no power in 7 footers. Last weekend was supposed to be nice....that is the last time I ever listen to an overpaid weather person. :(

That sucks!!!

Was that after we saw you? I told you it was a little bit rough out there!! :eek: :eek: :drink:

45sonic 09-10-2004 01:36 PM

Yes....and ROUGH is an understatement. When you stuff the bow of a 47 foot boat through the waves and over the radar arch, it's bad. Lost the alternator belt outside the Choptank...ran into a squall outside of Solomon's Island....then lost one motor...made it around Point Lookout on two motors and then lost the other two. Limped into Tall Timbers for the night and blew up the impleller Monday morning in the no wake at Cobb Island. Nothing really outrageous or expensive just annoying. :mad:

PatriYacht 09-10-2004 06:35 PM

The boat ran well. Finished the Smoke On The Water poker run and the LEOPA poker run. It ate a few starters but they don't cost much. Unfortunatly MY FOOT BROKE.

GLH 09-10-2004 11:42 PM

If you didn't break you didn't try hard enough... Come on Kurt go out one more time and find the weak link!!!!! :D:D:D:D

FSPROPELLER 09-11-2004 12:23 AM

Good luck breakin them Kurt.

I just got back from running the Konrad 540's behind the Yanmar 440's in the english channel. SW winds 30 kts and 8 kts. of current. we ran for three hours full throttle off the island of alderney.

9 ton boat
43 knots at 3300 rpm
solid 8 foot swells with plenty of chop on top.
lots of air and the drives never missed a beat.

by the way, diesels don't yield when you stuff the bow.

Biggus 09-11-2004 08:07 AM

Now that sounds like a good time!!!

FSPROPELLER 09-11-2004 09:13 PM

It was a great time. The ride was surprisingly comfortable, built by Hunton in the UK. Very flat running hull and heavy duty helpings of glass. Those Brits run in harsh conditions regularly so their boats are generally built stout or they fall apart. With all that current, and no protected water, pleasure cruises are few and far between.

Alderney was very small, flew in there on a small triple engine prop.

There are old abandoned german forts on the major points of the island and lots of old bunkers scattered about. Everyone on the island was sent to concentration camps until the occupation ended. Then most returned so the story goes.

very nice people and great food and drink.