Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   7' Beam Or 8' Beam = Pro's And Cons??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86771-7-beam-8-beam-%3D-pros-cons.html)

FASTERDAMITT 09-13-2004 05:14 PM

Re: 7' Beam Or 8' Beam = Pro's And Cons???

That Extreme's a good lookin boat Wardey! Base prices?

Wardey 09-13-2004 05:30 PM

Faster : The base hull starts out around $50K unrigged and then it depends on what you want in the boat. The #1 hull is a Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Hull with a Ventilated Step. Two options that add around 10K plus to the boat but you will NOT break this boat !!! It is light and will be VERY fast. 100% wood free. The sit down bolsters have leg wraps and the rear seat will seat 3 comfortly. I can sit in the cabin with my head slightly bent and I am 5'11. The cabin is long and can sleep (2) adults comfortly. The cabin has a interliner as you can see and is easy to maintain. I will be going down to the interior shop this week and i'll snap more pic's of the cabin. I can't beleive I don't have pic's of the cabin after the deck went on. The deck is through bolted and then glased together.The hatches all have gutters with drains. This is a rock solid custom boat. The fuel tank is an 80 gal. tank fiberglass wrapped. Any questions or if you want info, email me at [email protected] or drop by the website www.ExtremeMarineTampa.com . Thanks, Dave Warden

BattleCry 09-14-2004 12:39 AM

Phantoms ride awesome. There may be a few at Lake of the Ozarks very soon. We'll see what happens.

FASTERDAMITT 09-14-2004 10:00 AM

I love the look of the long narrow V's, but I just have to get on one. I don't know anywhere on the west beach I can do that. Love the stability of the cats too. But I need some sort of sleeping quarters this time and cats get to real pigs with the weight up front.

RLW 09-14-2004 12:56 PM

Faster,
Seeing your on the Left Coast, I would be looking at Warlock 29, Laveycraft 2750 or a Howard 28.
These of course being of the Vee Bottom variety.
I myself have a 1989 27 Activator. For my kind of boating the 7' beam is great. It actually measures 6'5" at the transom, outside to outside of the rubrail. Cockpit is tight but the ride quality is fantastic and stable.
Russ

FASTERDAMITT 09-14-2004 05:54 PM

Russ
Ya, I've thought seriously of them all but I have to be different than thy neighbor. :D

mjpcowboy 09-15-2004 09:14 AM

For pleasure use nothing beats my 9'3" beam on my Donzi. You can put four adults in the back seat and have a lot of room left over. For racing I would rather have it between 7' and 8'.