Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Systems" Cougar (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86856-systems-cougar.html)

fobes 09-12-2004 08:17 PM

"Systems" Cougar

Anyone know if this boat is still around, any pics?.....thanks: Matt

timewarp 09-12-2004 09:31 PM

Re: "Systems" Cougar

It was in California in 2000, don't know the werebouts since, it raced with POBRA in 2000.

Caleb

Rik 09-12-2004 10:06 PM

I don't think Don Carter's boat was Dennis Kaisers old boat as the cockpit and canopies are far different. Don had the old GM Goodwrench boat I belive.

Call Earrol Lanier @ 954-922-1967, he would know the where abouts of the boat.

timewarp 09-12-2004 10:23 PM

My bad, I thought they were the same boat, just slightly modified.

Caleb

T2x 09-13-2004 08:58 AM

There were three Systems Cougars... The first was a fibreglass variant made in Michigan by Active Cat under license to Cougar. The second was an aluminum cat made for Mercruiser big block power, and the third was a special aluminum hull made for a turbo charged Mclaren/Mercruiser special joint project.

T2x

Rik 09-13-2004 01:04 PM

That last boat was actually the engine program that Mr. D'Anniballe was working on in his early days.

fobes 09-13-2004 01:50 PM

T2x: funny you should mention that Mclaren project as I just re-read an old Powerboat Magazine article about those motors, it was called Project 734 by Mercury, interesting story. Are those Cougar cats good rough water boats? I have a video from the early 90's and there is a Cougar right up there with the big Apaches in what appears to be very big water, thanks: Matt

Ryan Beckley 09-13-2004 04:33 PM

board member GET REAL has a "NEW" alum. cougar thats never been rigged it is in Cali and is for sale. I believe both of the Alum. Systems Cougars of BOB KAISERS are both in Florida. Last I know on was on Davits in some guys back yard in South Florida and the other was sold to Marina Joe's a marine business in Ft Myers. Not sure which was which. I think the boat that became Don Carters in Cali was the Bud Weiser boat the Jeff Soffer had with the white #5 drives. The old Tekne Lambo boat now American Thunder is sitting 4 doors down from me in a wearhouse sitting on a Polini tillt trailer, BPM drives, Titanium rudder, Brand New KE motors. Collecting Dust. It is amazing to look at the workmanship that went into one of these alum boats.

baronmarine 09-13-2004 04:46 PM

don' forget the one that had surface drives. just last week i found a old systems race shirt from mybe 86 or 87 ?? i wish that still fit. i have a picture somewhere from the same time of systems on a trailer with bobs
porsche under the race boat in the front of the trailer. that was sweet

fobes 09-13-2004 06:08 PM

Hey Ryan: the "American Thunder" boat still is or was owned by a guy from my town. I remember seeing it outside a shop up here 5 or 6 years ago on the tilt trailer, it was all red at the time if I remember right. Any chance of you getting any pics of what it looks like now? It has a tandem canopy correct? Thanks: Matt