Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Repo Men ~ on the water... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87012-repo-men-%7E-water.html)

Strip Poker 388 09-15-2004 01:34 AM

Re: Repo Men ~ on the water...

Originally Posted by Namwot
The job of a movie producer is to sell the show, not show the truth. Everything on that show is staged and acted out. If there were companies practicing procedures like they portray on that show, attorneys would be chasing repossession companies instead of ambulances. The law is wrote to protect the consumer not the creditor. Four fat guys holding a debtor back is not a legal repossession.

Yes the law does protect the BAD debtor.I do all my own financing and there is no such thing as a writ of replevin [legal repossession]any more,the Constable will not serve the papers and the debtor knows they don't have to open the door to give the Furniture back.In Mississippi we cant even verify a ck with the bank because of the new privacy laws :(

I call it legalized stealing :hothead:

F*ck these low life's POS's ,Judgment day will come for them :D I am tired of dealing with these D.A.N.'s

Bankruptcy's are they same way.

SpeedGirl 09-15-2004 06:52 AM

OK OK OK.....

I was flippin' through the channels and I heard Repo men on the water, I was thinking that some HOT boats maybe getting repoed.... Sorry If I insulted any REAL repo men.... and I admit the show sucked :rolleyes:

IDRPSTF 09-15-2004 12:05 PM

Speedgirl- Not insulted, I'm not thin skinned, I just feel bad for the guys in the field that go out of there way to be professional and this is how they get portrayed. We take lease fleets and credit union assets at times, and we actually tell the repo guys to "Be Respectful and courteous" to the debtor if confronted. This way the Credit Union or Fleet lease company does not end up with a bad relationship with the debtor. You all would be surprised who has had there toys and tools taken.

SP388- Let me know if you ever have anyone on the run. I would be more than happy to help a fellow board member track someone down.

MD

tomtbone1993 09-15-2004 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Yes the law does protect the BAD debtor.I do all my own financing and there is no such thing as a writ of replevin [legal repossession]any more,the Constable will not serve the papers and the debtor knows they don't have to open the door to give the Furniture back.In Mississippi we cant even verify a ck with the bank because of the new privacy laws :(

I call it legalized stealing :hothead:

F*ck these low life's POS's ,Judgment day will come for them :D I am tired of dealing with these D.A.N.'s

Bankruptcy's are they same way.

STRIP PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL DON'T SUGAR COAT IT :D

Reed Jensen 09-15-2004 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

Strip wouldn't sugar coat it.... maybe cream on it...but never sugar coat it...... :D

CAP071 09-15-2004 04:04 PM

I was still a funny show to watch. Now we need to follow around a buyer for a new speedboat as a reality TV show :D

IDRPSTF 09-15-2004 06:17 PM

That would be a Loooooooong show that would bounce back and forth from plot to plot!

Strip Poker 388 09-15-2004 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

I would like to get some diesel fuel and a jelled grease ,make some thicker then usual napalm and have a marshmallow roast with the Judges ,Constable's and the bad debtor's.But ?

I am still holding my feelings back :D

Like in any business the good pay for the bad :mad:

Reed Jensen 09-15-2004 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I would like to get some diesel fuel and a jelled grease ,make some thicker then usual napalm and have a marshmallow roast with the Judges ,Constable's and the bad debtor's.But ?

I am still holding my feelings back :D

Like in any business the good pay for the bad :mad:

Isn't that the truth..... :(

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-16-2004 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
sucked :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
(Big *****)

SpeedGirl said this in the same thread? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nauti girl! :drink: :drink: :drink: