If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA

Anyone heard from Timucin lately???

Police thwart 'Cannonball Run'

Cannonball Run Europe

Burt Reynolds

or Create your own

Manage alerts | What is this?

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- Spanish police temporarily seized luxury and sports cars driven by people they suspected of participating in an illegal road rally named after a 1981 film starring Burt Reynolds, a spokesman said on Tuesday.

Police said they were tipped off by a driver of a family car who said he had been overtaken by high-powered cars bearing rally-type markings in the northeastern region of Catalonia.

The managing director of Cannonball Run Europe, Tim Porter told Reuters on Tuesday that entrants in the rally of the same name had been fined by Spanish police, citing a law which the Spanish embassy later told his organisation does not exist.

"I think it is absolutely outrageous the police can make up laws as they go along," Porter said, adding that another of the rally entrants detained was charged with suspected speeding.

"At least half a dozen of them were picked up in a service station drinking coffee."

Police said they tracked down and impounded 71 cars including Porsches, Ferraris and Rolls Royces and took statements and addresses from their mostly British drivers.

"We suspect (the racers) of belonging to an illicit group, which organised illegal races which could put the lives of other people in danger," a Catalan regional police spokesman said.

A judge is now deciding whether to formally charge the drivers, he added. Their cars were released after they paid fines of between 150 and 400 euros ($183.6 -$489.6).

Police are attempting to identify the organisers of the rally, which drivers are believed to have paid thousands of dollars to join.

Trim it Up! Platinum Member kitten's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Skater! Sold!
    F l o r i d a

Re: Anyone heard from Timucin lately???

No, I have missed him.
    Peace & grace be to this place.
    ........ God bless the troops, always! :)

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj

Yeah , I was recently wondering about him myself
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

My Boats:
    Hustler 388

Havent heard much out of him . I guess he got those motors together.He was burning up the tech section for awhile.

Timucin where are you???

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs