Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Please pray for my Dad...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87092-please-pray-my-dad.html)

baronmarine 02-03-2005 08:38 PM

Re: Please pray for my Dad......

life is to short our best. very very sorry.

Tricky919 02-03-2005 08:42 PM

I'm sorry, my prayers are with you and your family.........

marinetrans 02-03-2005 08:44 PM

I know what your talking about brother, lost my father last june, 60 years old. Worked w/ him every day at our family Mercruiser/transmission dealership since I was 13, now 31 years old. Just think of the good times, instead of rough ones. Thats what I do.

Edward R. Cozzi 02-03-2005 09:31 PM

Sad thing is MY kids think because I'm seldom sick and in reasonable condition that I'm going to be around forever. Seems the kids today are so busy with their own lives that they put OUR time together on the back burner.
I have visions of me kicking the sheets one day and having them wish they had spent more time with me. I have accomplished so many things in my life that they don't even know about. They could learn so much from me...

candyman35 02-03-2005 11:43 PM

Don,
We are so sorry for your loss :( Your Dad's in a better place now and left this world knowing how much he was loved by his family. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
God Bless,
Dan & Vicki

Quiet Storm 02-04-2005 01:04 AM

Don

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there.

hp500efi 02-04-2005 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
My deep condolences.
My dad was my lifetime best buddy as well. My "same-age" friends thought of him as a friend, too.

When I lost him it tore a chunk out of my soul that will never heal.

They'll tell you he's in a better place. And that he's fine.

I know my Dad, and I say that regardless of where he is now, and how wonderful it is, that he misses hanging out with me. And I miss hanging out with him.

Better place? Maybe. But I bet he'd rather trade it back to be here again for a while.

All I can offer is that after 5 years, you get more used to it. Doesn't suck any less, but you learn to operate "through" the grief.
God bless you.

mc

Don, sorry for your loss. I too lost my Dad 2 years ago and MC pretty much tells it like it is. You and your family are in our prayers.

AugiePensa 02-04-2005 06:50 AM

Don, My family will pray for your DAD. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Augie and The Jersey Boyz

Formula Outlaw 02-04-2005 06:56 AM

"MC" nails it pretty good. I lost my dad to a Stroke on his birthday, back in 1971. He will always be my "hero". I too have dreams from time to time that he is still here, then wake up and reality hits. I lost my Mom on March 1st, 1983 from Cancer of the Liver.

I miss them both terribly to this day. Time does help, but it never goes away. The turning point I think is when you are able to start remembering him and the "stab of pain" is gradually replaced by a smile brought on by a particular memory. It will come, it just takes time.

I am sorry of your loss. It will get better, slowly, but it will. Russ

jafo 02-04-2005 08:29 AM

Don-
Our deepest condolences. :(

Jim and Chris