Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sitdown Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87101-sitdown-boats.html)

Stormrider 09-16-2004 09:53 AM

Sitdown Boats

I am looking for opinions of owners of sitdown style boats.
What are the pros and cons?

Sydwayz 09-16-2004 10:06 AM

Re: Sitdown Boats

SR, be sure to check out the Cigarette owner's forum. The Cigarette guys beat the snot out of each other over this daily between Gladiators and Guns. :D :D

Cord 09-16-2004 10:29 AM

I personally like sit down boats. It puts you closer to the water so you have a greater sensation of speed. Also, the lower free board creates a lighter boat also leading to more speed. Of course, that low free board also doesn't allow much of a cabin for more speed. :D I personally find my self locking my knees when I'm in stand up boats. Sooner or later I'm going to hurt myself by doing that. With a sit down boat, I never have that issue. You just hang on and enjoy the scenery.

P Offshore 09-16-2004 11:05 AM

Fever said it right a sit down with the proper seats and footrest is hard to beat.

Stand up you get tired on a long run but with the sit down rig you'll be ready to dance; or just watch! :cool:

aero-offshore 09-16-2004 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
I will take a sit down boat (with the proper seats and foot rest) anyday for rough water.

Proper seating is a must! or you'll go home with a sore neck and back.back seats ar'nt as important, passengers don't get beat up as bad.

Dave M 09-16-2004 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
I will take a sit down boat (with the proper seats and foot rest) anyday for rough water.

Ditto

Shanghied Again 09-16-2004 12:20 PM

I ran the Gladiator and i am not a special fan of sitting, But I have to say I liked sitting, the speed sensation is that much better and you feel more in control. Everyone says the Gladiator is a handfull but with the props turned out and the proper trim this boat is a heck of a lot of fun. Changed my mind about standing!

Sean H 09-16-2004 02:36 PM

sitting down lets you concentrate on other things instead of trying to keep your balance or brace yourself for the rough stuff... but the seats/foot rest have to be right (and that is true standing or sitting....)

pm203 09-16-2004 02:45 PM

Started as a skeptic on sitdown and now would never own anything else.

ssmith76 09-16-2004 03:06 PM

After 30 years standing hated the idea of sitting. Wasnt Reggie sitting going 171? Any FAST V-Bottom you will sit. Ad a windshield after a long trip you are still refreshed, not wind blown. You would think your back will be killed, wrong, no worse than standing. We have been on gale winds, pounding the hell out of the boat, 2 minutes after running sitting at the bar ready to go.
Try it youll like it. You can even talk with out yelling. What a concept.
SVS