Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile >

Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile

Notices

Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile

Old 09-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile

Thanks to everyone who responded to "Otis" following my husband's snowmobile accident in February. I was able to go back through and read the messages, and really appreciate all of your prayers and support. As some of you know, Byron's boat is named "Just a Little Faster", and it may be that this world just wasn't fast enough for him. I have been overwhelmed with sadness missing him in my life every second, but as one of his close friends reminded me earlier this summer, Byron died doing what he loved to do. He had an unbelievable passion for speed, both with snowmobiles and boats, and he lived his life exactly as he wanted to. In the hospital, his neurosurgeon explained to me that in another life, Byron would have been a warrior, and warriors leave this world bravely without fear, and sadly, usually abruptly.

I loved being able to share the high performance experience with Byron, every step of the way. I only got a taste of the exhilaration racing down Lake George on the boat, or trying to test my own limits on a snowmobile, and I completely understand the passion. I kept the Profile this past season, but ran into some problems with a leak in the gas tank. Attached is a posting I made to Profile Powerboats website to thank them for their incredible integrity, as they transported the boat to and from Iowa, and replaced the gas tank, free of charge! Randy and Debbie of Profile really came through.(Although I have to thank Byron for his hand in looking out for me as well!!). thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile-lg-queens-race-2003.jpg   Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile-boat-canada.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by JustALittleFaster; 09-19-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile

Very sad story

Good job Profile
Old 09-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Thanks for your prayers for Byron Pritchett~status of his 29V Profile

A great guy who is thought of by all of his friends everytime they feel the need to just "go a little bit faster".
Old 09-18-2004, 06:42 AM
Registered

What a great guy Byron was. Always there with a helpful hand or
just good conversation. I think of him often and miss him as part
of "the crew"when we get together.Its good to see the Profile
out there once in awhile as it reminds me of Byron and the good times
we all shared.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

I still think of Byron when I'm out in my boat trying to make it Just a little faster. I used to look forward to talking to him when I come up there in July. I'll look for you next year. Take care of yourself.... Great Job to Profile for stepping up.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Registered

OMG, I just figured out who you are. We have mutual friends...Wendi and Jason Dickerson. I am so sorry, and I know people from here and a snowmobile board have been praying for both of you.

Again...I'm sorry.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would just like to recognize and thank Profile. What an unbelievable act of generosity and true customer support.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck, I was thinking the same thing.

Profile doesnt get a lot of mention around here but I thought what they did for Lisa was as stand up as it gets. After Byrons death, Lisa was running the boat and kept smelling gas in the bilge. It was discovered that the gas tank was no good. They called Profile for advise. Profile came from Iowa to NY and picked up the boat, brought it to their shop, fixed it and returned it to NY for FREE. The boat is a 1997 !!!! Thats what I call customer service.

As for Byron. Lisa, I want you to know that not a day goes by w/o his name being brought up or a thought of him goes thru my mind. He was a good friend and I only now relize how much he was a part of our lives. Everything happens for a reason and Im positive he is in a better place looking down on us and making sure that we go on and continue to have fun and to try to go "Just a little faster" !!