Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Floating Reporter-9/19/04-New Gun Comes To Town (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87248-floating-reporter-9-19-04-new-gun-comes-town.html)

lucky strike 09-19-2004 09:58 PM

Re: Floating Reporter-9/19/04-New Gun Comes To Town

Yo Victor

Ya we had it hoppin today,got 45 hrs. on the new engines an it was time to let her rip. Saw some speed we never saw before !
Real happy with the set up. Took it out of the water an to the showroom for a good detailing this week. Hope to see you next weekend

Steve

thedonz 09-19-2004 10:00 PM

Mike, Adrian, Elier and I had a great time today running with Lucky Strike and Jr outside.....what a nice boat they have; runs beautifully and fast.....Steve really knows how to get the boat running right on top......we've got to do it again.......and ...... that Floating Reporter can focus that camera even at speed! Amazing! :D

Cash Bar 09-19-2004 11:22 PM

I want to come home!! Guys, I sure miss the runs on the outside and the Shooters raft-off. I'll be back for the Deerfield Races and then Winter.

Frank, the boat looks great. Can't wait to run Haulover with you.

Greg

GLH 09-20-2004 06:54 AM

Thanks for the pictures guys looked like fun.

Hey Victor,

Trailered the Tiger yesterday up passed Chambly and dunked on the Richelieu River ran to Sorel than down the St Laurent to Montreal. Hooked up downtown and had a late lunch on the terrasse's in Old Montreal! It was beautiful, nothing like passing 700' freighters on the seaway! Went about 150 miles all together. Nice run to do in the fall when it's to cold to hang at the beaches.

Care.

GL

rchevelle71 09-20-2004 08:52 AM

AWESOME BOAT FRANK!!!

Lucky yours is pretty sweet too!!!

Nice meeting you and your crew, and Lucky and Crew at Shooters yesterday.

I see Bobby took the pics before the ugly boat showed up!!! We'll be giving that boat a facelift for the next month or so, then we'll have to do it again.

Runnin' behind that rooster tail was cool.

Greg, Get back down here, the weather is awesome!!!

LivinVIP 09-20-2004 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Thanks for the pictures guys looked like fun.

Hey Victor,

Trailered the Tiger yesterday up passed Chambly and dunked on the Richelieu River ran to Sorel than down the St Laurent to Montreal. Hooked up downtown and had a late lunch on the terrasse's in Old Montreal! It was beautiful, nothing like passing 700' freighters on the seaway! Went about 150 miles all together. Nice run to do in the fall when it's to cold to hang at the beaches.

Care.

GL

Hi GL ,

Wow !

What an amazing run it must be passing the freighters on the St. Laurent and
it doesn't get any better than Old Montreal in the late summer.

Very nice trip and it's great to see the Tiger is dialed in and running strong !

Have a Great Day !

Victor

thedonz 09-20-2004 01:46 PM

Thanks, Greg, get down here and help us set up a fun run....need to get as many tips from you racer guys as possible....see you at Deerfield

Rick, great meeting you guys yesterday, had a great time, we need to do it again, and again....etc....that Baja has to be a lot of fun, takes off pretty well if you ask me....a little polishing and good as new....let me know if you need a third pair of hands........as far as the tail, next time I'll trim a little higher for more effect :D :D :D

rchevelle71 09-20-2004 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
Thanks, Greg, get down here and help us set up a fun run....need to get as many tips from you racer guys as possible....see you at Deerfield

Rick, great meeting you guys yesterday, had a great time, we need to do it again, and again....etc....that Baja has to be a lot of fun, takes off pretty well if you ask me....a little polishing and good as new....let me know if you need a third pair of hands........as far as the tail, next time I'll trim a little higher for more effect :D :D :D

Jay was WAYYYYY confused with what props to get, I said "Simple, 26 Bravos, then lab from there, It took a little convincing to get Julie to let Jay spend a grand on the props, but once we did it, she agreed, best $1000 she has ever spent, thing is a rocket outta the hole. Now we need to convince her on the K-Planes, and the Hydraulic steering, and................ETC!!!

We are going to be off the water for a bit, doing some polishing, painting, and interior work, but the Baja from Hell WILL be back, We tend to hang at Lake Boca, with the occasional trip north to Peanut Island, or south down your way. We'll plan another run once she is polished up a Bit.

Rick