Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice...Whats in a name? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87305-miami-vice-whats-name.html)

Cash Bar 09-20-2004 11:38 PM

Re: Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Who was the comedian that appeared on Phil Collins game show vs. Switek?

Cash Bar 09-20-2004 11:39 PM

Which now FAMOUS comedian was a mail boy in the Vice room in the James Brown/UFO episode?

free 09-20-2004 11:49 PM

Julia Roberts was Burnetts girlfriend.

Cash Bar 09-20-2004 11:56 PM

You go Free!

Ding-Ding we have a winner.

blownincome 09-21-2004 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Who on the Board was even alive or at least 8 during the airing of this show. I was, I am 42 but I bet there are some who wern't.

Me too (alive that is) 44 and yes Owe the boat addiction to M.V. :drink:
Its a arch thing!Only a MV addict would understand! :D

tiufb 09-21-2004 05:55 AM

What about the "weasel dust" question, wasn't that Frank Zappa? I bought my first VCR so I could tape the show on Friday night. I hate to admit it, but that show affected my appearance during that period also. My wife was around when I was cleaning out my closet, and she's still giving me a hard time about my pink shirts.

stinger312 09-21-2004 07:05 AM

some MV pics

Formula Outlaw 09-21-2004 07:16 AM

How did Tubbs get involved with Miami Vice (the department not the tv show itself)?

Ted G 09-21-2004 07:41 AM

Jay Leno I think.

Tubbs was trying to find the guy (Calderone) that killed his brother, he eventually banged his daughter and then Sonny killed him.
I missed most of them when they were on because I actually had a life back then, but I saw them all on USA in the late 80's and early 90's.

Sydwayz 09-21-2004 07:56 AM

I am pretty sure Zito was killed and made to look like an overdose.
Sonny Burnett was Sonny Crockett's undercover name.

Caitlin was Sheena Easton; who was Crockett's romantic interest for a couple episodes, culminating in the two of them marrying.
Q1, How did they meet?
Q2, What happened to her?

I am 30 now, and watched every single episode as a kid, and LOVED when they were on TNN, (used to fill up the TiVo with them). I remember vividly when they brought the Scarab, the Testarossa, and the entire Cast on a publicity tour, to Marshall Fields, on Michigan Avenue, in downtown Chicago. Somewhere, my parents have pictures of me as a kid on the boat, on the trailer of an 18-wheeler.