Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice...Whats in a name? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87305-miami-vice-whats-name.html)

Sydwayz 09-21-2004 09:58 AM

Re: Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Free, you are absolutely right. I was thinking of the right character, wrong name.

free 09-21-2004 10:01 AM

I think the sport in which involved a FBI's brother was Jai Alai.

Didn't he get hit with the Jai Alai ball or whatever they call it?

free 09-21-2004 10:11 AM

Q: What episode did Crockett tell Tubbs: "You comb some guys brains outta your hair and see what it does to you". (One of my favorite episodes since it featured the boat)

Also in the same episode were the following quotes:

"you return the money and maybe he will give you a finders fee or something, maybe a new Camaro"

and

"with my lifestyle I could blow a mil in a weekend"

This episode also featured my favorite likable villain. When asked what he used for bait to catch the hammerhead he said: "Illegal Aliens"

hehe, is Miami Vice in syndication on any channels anymore, can't seem to find it.

Sydwayz 09-21-2004 10:22 AM

Yep, at the Miami Jai-Alai arena, there was a scandal as the Jai-Alai star had a drug addiction, ployed against his brother by some villian, and he eventually caught the wooden ball to the forehead.

Free, was all that in the Pilot? I know the first chase was Crockett in a jacked Camaro vs. Tubbs in Crockett's (Don Johnson's own) Chris Craft.

Ryan Beckley 09-21-2004 10:30 AM

In the previews for next weeks CSI Miami it looks like some offshore boat scenes.

IDRPSTF 09-21-2004 11:33 AM

Caitlin was Sheena Easton; who was Crockett's romantic interest for a couple episodes, culminating in the two of them marrying.
Q1, How did they meet?
Q2, What happened to her?

He was hired to protect her.
She got shot through a window.

rchevelle71 09-21-2004 11:43 AM

Q2,

Didnt she get shot singing in a Club or something like that???

magnum27 09-21-2004 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Caitlin was Sheena Easton; who was Crockett's romantic interest for a couple episodes, culminating in the two of them marrying.
Q1, How did they meet?
Q2, What happened to her?

He was hired to protect her.
She got shot through a window.

She did not get shot through a window, she got shot on stage performing by the criminal who tricked Sonny into getting him off of death row and out of prison. She was also supposedly pregnant with their baby which Sonny did not find out until after the autopsy.

magnum27 09-21-2004 11:59 AM

In the episode where Sonny was protecting Sheena and they go out in the Scarab to dinner and a gun fight breaks out, Sonny and Sheena run off in the Scarab and the bad guys ar shooting at them in a chase boat, what type of boat run them down?

Sydwayz 09-21-2004 12:00 PM

Magnum27 is correct.