Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: You Tell Me

So why sell it??
Old 09-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Just tell Waterfoul the only Cigarettes he can smoke are the candy ones (a certain board member can help you out there), not to eat Dorritos on the boat, stop wearing his soccer shoes and for God sakes man, get him a sippy cup.

What I really hate: When rafted off people walk on the sun lounge and I have a swim platform. Common courtesy to use a platform if it's there. I've found one of the most difficult and pricey things on a boat is replacing cockpit vinyl. That's a probelm with boaters and non boaters alike.

So, if you're reading this and don't get it, WALK ON THE SWIM PLATFORM!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Registered

I would really like a sport cruiser. Something I can spend more time on, air, heat, shower. I still want to go somewhat fast. This is all if it sells for what I want, if not it is a keeper and I will run it next year. This is the first boat I have owned that I can just change the oil, pull the drives (and bring inside) and turn the key in the spring. Nice not to have to spend thousands over the winter for once.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Wow - you guys are wound pretty tight ( no jewellery for chrissakes ).

How do you have any fun boating ? . . . must be stressin ALL the time . . .
Old 09-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Registered

If I boat with someone else I like to atleast split the cost of gas & if that does not workout, I pay for lunch. The cheapest day I can have boating is on someone else's boat. Most people are just ignorant about boats, just explain the rules to them. Most guests on your boat have no idea what boating cost I would rather just pay the gas than mention it to them & get handed a $20 bill. You know they have no idea when they hand you a $20 for gas.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Wow - you guys are wound pretty tight ( no jewellery for chrissakes ).

How do you have any fun boating ? . . . must be stressin ALL the time . . .
Jewelry, watches, etc.. scratches alot of things on a boat. It's alot to keep a boat in excellent condition. that's alot of work anyway. I like to have fun, just want my stuff taken care of. Maybe you don't care, but some of us do care. I like to take care of my stuff. They are simple rules to respect someones property or the "captains" wishes of the boat. I don't think that's asking too much.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 09-21-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Registered

I take wonderful care of my boat but again.. it is a boat and it is used for fun. If I have to ask for gas money, I would sell the boat. I bought it for entertainment for myself and my girl.... and very few select respectful friends. If you have people you dont want on board... get new friends that have boats. I smoke very carefully on it and I pay for everything. My Golden Rule is: Only board when you are asked. My pet peave is people that own a POS Bayliner and want to go on board and look around.... then they get pissed when you say no....d ouche bags.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitch you know how I fell about this....boat with people that are your own age and the problems will stop.You can run with us any time.We arent that bad.......
Old 09-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mitch, you may be considered anal, but you are right.
I have similar peeves and rules. If the passengers don't like it they can sit on the beach.
Sometimes the wife thinks I'm nuts for banning certain foods. I'm the one that has to clean the boat and take care of it. If I can make that job easier by limiting or banning some things, so be it.

My house, my truck, my boat, my rules.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:18 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Semper Fi]
You might have to make a few things clear to your non-boating friiends. YOU pay for....
-the truck
-the truck insurance
-the boat payment
-the boat insurance
QUOTE]

Truck maintenance
Truck depreciatioin
Truck gas to get the boat there
taxes on said truck
Trailer maintenance
Trailer insurance
taxes on said trailer
Maintenance on Boat motors TIMES TWO
storage on said boat
depreciation on said boat.

I tell people it cost me a grand a month just to say I OWN the boat.
That money has nothing to do with actual running or maintaining it.
I feel the exact same way as you Mitch, that is why I boat 95% alone.
Most people I know that like to go fast and are boat people, have thier won boat already.
Went out sunday before last and rider offered $20 after complaining I was taking too long at he launch completing boat 'shut' down.
Wiping hte water spots off, taking off the mifoil from the trailer from from the launch area, removing everyone else's trach and stuff from the boat and etc etc. They had to hurry to get home.
Well they never gave me a time they needed to be done. Early in the day I said I was going out until either the gas ran out, or around 6pm. It was 5:30 and the gas was out so we headed to shore. They were late oh well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.