Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You Tell Me (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87314-you-tell-me.html)

Milord 09-21-2004 07:41 AM

Re: You Tell Me

Everybody has said the reason that my crew has diminished every year I have owned a boat. Most of the time it's me and my girl and that's it on the boat.

A couple years ago I did a complete new interior in the boat, from gauges to carpet. I have a friend of mine that did a lot of the work in exchange for the use of the boat a couple days when I wasn't going to be using it. One particular Saturday he used it, when I got to it on Sunday the first thing I see is about 8 feet of my rubrail hanging off the boat. I'm pissed before I look inside. There are chips and doritos everywhere. A burn hole in the brand new carpet by the helm. I go into the cain and there is an inch of water by the step with a half smoked cigarette with the heater still on it floating in the water. I fookin' lost it. It took 2 seasons before he used the boat again. He said he had left his buddies to clean the boat up while he got the trailer and that they must not have done anything. Well no fookin' sh!t but I let him use the boat, not his buddies! :hothead: Man, this steamed my a$$ just typing it!

WickedWon 09-21-2004 08:17 AM

It's real simple, many years ago I stopped taking non-boaters boating. People that own or have owned boats ( especially performance boats) understand all thats involved, my time on the water is too limited to deal with or talk about what should be the obvious. On the $ and help front, all I want from my guests is a smile.

dyno 09-21-2004 09:20 AM

Wickedest....I'd do more than smile.....My grin would be so wide my face would split in half!!!

CigDaze 09-21-2004 09:26 AM

There used to be a time when every time I would go out, I would have a full boat. I had a different rotation of my friends out with us every weekend. Slowly, as time passed, I put an end to that. It's just too damn frustrating, keeping up with them. I hate following people around with a trash bag like fukkin' children, or having to tell someone every 2 minutes, please don't do that, please don't do that, don't do that, don't do that, I thought I told you not to fukkin' do that...
Now I only go out with someone who also has a boat, because it seems they're the only ones who know what it's like and they treat you're boat like their own. Non-boaters don't give a damn.

R Addiction 09-21-2004 09:41 AM

I heard that Nick!! But then again there are the select few idiots that own boats and just don't give a fuk.....I take very few people out on my boat and when I do It's my way or NO WAY!!

Does anyone know where I can get the stickers that say Naked feet only!?

CigDaze 09-21-2004 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Smoking on the swim platform only!! Pay for lunch or bring along the boat drinks. For the women...show me you Titz!! :D

Can I get that in a sticker?...:D

26scarab 09-21-2004 10:16 AM

I'm very anal about my boat , and pretty much all my toys BUT when it comes time to use them I get the "**** happens" attitude. If a beer is spilled it can be cleaned up, if some chips get crunched on the carpeting it can be vaccumed. I used to be one of those stressful people that got pissed at every mark or crumb that ended up on the boat but I have the boat to have fun and relax on. Things can be cleaned up. Sure the last poker run that I was on somehow some ink or dye ended up on one of my bolsters, and yes I'm pissed but it will come out. It wasn't intentionally done.
It does help that most of the people that end up on my boat are boaters themselves and the girlfriends job is keeping the interior clean. Plus all my friends are pretty respectable of other peoples stuff.
I don't ask for gas money I'm going to use the boat anyways. If we do end up at a lunch or dinner spot it would be nice to pick mine up. I'm not a party store so bring your own beer ! Other than that I don't have too many rules, just respect my stuff.

Namwot 09-21-2004 11:01 AM

If you want someone to open a drink just say lets go for a ride. People have no idea that you cant drink ANYTHING at 70mph in a boat with no windshield. That is probably the most common b*tch you here from me. No drinks when moving. They spill in the drink holders also.

The smoking is kinda funny, years ago when I used to smoke, I smoked in my boat, even right after having new interior put in it. No way in h*ll can anyone smoke in my boat now, swim platform or anywhere else. Don't even bother bringing a lighter with you. NO you can't smoke in my house or my truck either.

I don't ask my friends for gas money, they usually offer and I usually turn them down.

I don't hang around with people that get too drunk to stand up anymore.

Eating is ok if you don't make a mess.

Used my boat 5 summers now and it still looks new.

As for walking on some else's boat, I usually stay on my boat. If I do board anyone else's boat I will ask first.

SummerObsession 09-21-2004 11:30 AM

The biggest rule I have on my boat is NO DRAMA!!!! If you want to fight, snivel, whine or cry, you will be doing it on the beach as you watch me drive off!!!!
Life's too short to put up with that crap!!! :mad: :hothead: :hothead:

My time on the boat is too short and expensive for me to waste it!
As far a fuel, I NEVER ask. If you volunteer though, I will remember it and I will ask you to go again! Same with wiping down, cleaning after the day and any other help. As far as helping with lines and fenders, Jen and I have that handled, so it's best just to sit down (so I can see) and relax until we get tied up.
I have noticed that if you cruise at 100 MPH+, everyone is too busy hanging on to their *sses to trash the boat! :D :D :drink: :drink:

atxwellcraft 09-21-2004 11:36 AM

I guess I lucked out. My friends are all really good about pitching in with money and work. Half the time they put my boat in just before I get off work and I just jump on. It's almost like keeping it in dry stack.