Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet.  (pics) >

The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet. (pics)

Notices

The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet. (pics)

Old 07-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet. (pics)

Some have inquired as to my reasoning for not purchasing some decent deals that are on the market right now. As some of you well know I am in the process of building a larger facility for the business. The amount of space and money involved is quite large. Large enough to have me spooked. I have promised sweetie that I would wait until we move into the new building and see how we are doing before I pull the trigger on something major. We are probably looking at winter or early spring before this happens. I have a funny feeling the wait will be worth it. I plan on making a larger upgrade than initially indicated.

Below you will see why.

Buck
Attached Thumbnails The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet.  (pics)-dsc00293.jpg   The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet.  (pics)-dsc00292.jpg   The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet.  (pics)-dsc00291.jpg  

Old 07-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Registered

Default Re: The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet. (pics)

Compare that to our current facility and you can see why we are making the move that we are.

Current location is around 1,650 sq ft, new building is 9,000 sq ft. Do you think now would be a good time to start a HUGE advertising campaign?

Buck
Attached Thumbnails The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet.  (pics)-pt.jpg  
Old 07-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Registered

As always, if someone feels like this is an inappropriate post here on this forum please let me know and I will gladly delete or move accordingly.

Buck
Old 07-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you are smart. The good toys come after the biz and real estate. That is a nice set up Buck.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, big project. Hope it works out!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buck183

At least you are in the states working on the new toy. S**T,,,I had to go to Iraq to make money for my new toy. Congrats on the new building and the best wishes on success!!! I almost pulled the trigger on an accessory place back home, but too much competition. I'm in Iraq trying something a little different,. Not for the week at heart. Anyway, good luck bro on the new building. You gave me some advice on a bedliner sprayer one time. It helped a lot in my decision on weather to advance or not in the business.

Good luck bro!!!
Shawn
Old 07-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Damn Buck that place is so big the locals probable think it is the new Wallmart I still Like Buck's Truck's looks good buddy. Rag's
Old 07-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered

you know your only building that place so big, to hold your new top gun.... we're onto you buddy.......cant kidd a kidder...... Mr. Wonderful
Old 07-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Steve_H

best of luck with the expansion Buck

Old 07-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Registered

Thank you very much for the compliments and encouragement all. I will post pics of the building as it progresses. I think the block and stucko will be done by the end of the week. This should give you an idea of how the overall project will look.

Troutly, I hope so. I'm thinking of looping a video of Deliverence in the store to keep them entertained.

Downtown, the "toy" will be well worth the wait I hope.

29scarab, I've been reading the posts you have put up on your situation. I wish you the best of luck too. Without people like yourself I wouldn't have the opportunity to do things like this in life. I think if we would all remember that every now and then our country would be a little different.

rags...LOL. We need to sit down and drink a beer together pal. Unfortunately "Buck's Trucks" got ruled out early in the business venture. Maybe I'll use it as a satellite store name for entry level truck accessories. I don't know if the locals will think it's a new Wal Mart or not, but I do know the frickin payment will be high enough to pay for a Wal Mart store.

stec...I think you're on to something there. My employees have already told me the boat is NOT allowed in the building at all. LOL I'm starting to think they are on to me. Oh well.

Steve...Thanks. I'm scared as hell right now. I won't know if it will work or not if I don't try though. The bank must see something I don't or they wouldn't be coughing up the money. Guess that's one way to look at it. My goal is to have a boat half as nice as yours some day....then I'm happy. Hang in there, you're rainbow is around the corner.

Buck

Quick Reply: The reason I haven't purchased a replacement boat yet. (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.